The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What are People's Hobbies Outside of Music/ Audio? Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtheone
I work at an executive search firm that focuses on diversity (www.theburgessgroup.com)
Are ya'll hiring?!? My day gig is as an asst. dean in an admissions office, I coordinate multicultural student recruitment as well. I'm looking to make a switch...
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

"I collect spores, molds and fungus"
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Nut

The jobs we have available are on the website in the jobs section. We just filled the HR position (that was for columbia university) and also the NAACP.

If you have construction industry experience (corporate level) we're looking for candidates across the fifty states, it's a huge contract. Minimum is a bachelors in construction management, civil engineering, architechture with a background in commercial construction (like the project at ground zero, world trade center in nyc) , aviation (airports) railroad etc....

Keep your eyes peeled @ the jobs section. Any resume that is submitted goes directly to me and then it's put in a database if it doesn't fit any of the current jobs posted. When a new job becomes available we search our database for key words in your resume, ex: bachelors degree 'AND' Human Resources

Whooooooooooaaaaaaaa... I need to get back home and make some music! Day jobs........:(
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear
Work out, Scout bands, Hang at studios, go out with girls, watch NBA and then turn off tv until football season.
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by azwun25
"I collect spores, molds and fungus"
"What did you do ray!"
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekn0
"What did you do ray!"
He get's high off mushrooms...
Old 22nd May 2006
no ssl yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big 3rd
Three of course. I think everyone has heard that one. Give me another, but a good one.heh

Ok another simple one but a bit more complex.

When a clock strikes 3:15 what is the measure (in degrees of course) of the angle between the hour and minute hands? (HINT it IS NOT 0 degrees)
Old 22nd May 2006
no ssl yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narykcin
3 producers are going to a convention and decide to share a hotel room. The room is 30 bux. Each producer puts in 10 dollars. After the producers check in, the desk attendent realized he overcharged the producers, the rate should have been 25 bux. He sends the bell hop up to give the producers their change. The bell hop decides that it would be too difficult for 3 people to share 5 bux, so he decides to take two and gives each one of the producers a dollar back. If the producers paid $9 each, and the bell hop kept two, where's the missing dollar?
You gotta explain this. IF each put in $10, then how do you later come to the conclusion that each paid $9
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Head

Don't read if you don't want the answer
Quote:
Originally Posted by no ssl yet

When a clock strikes 3:15 what is the measure (in degrees of course) of the angle between the hour and minute hands? (HINT it IS NOT 0 degrees)
the the hour hand moves at a rate of .5 degrees per minute so at 3:15 the hour hand will have moved 7.5 degrees away from the minute hand (352.5)
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:

360 or 359?
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Head

Quote:
You gotta explain this. IF each put in $10, then how do you later come to the conclusion that each paid $9
Each recieved a dollar back from the bell hop, they conclude they each paid 9 dollars for the room 9 x 3 = 27, the bell hop only kept 2 dollars...
Old 22nd May 2006
I realized i dont have one lol. This music thang is taking over my life for the last 5 years.
Old 22nd May 2006
no ssl yet
Quote:
Don't read if you don't want the answer
the the hour hand moves at a rate of .5 degrees per minute so at 3:15 the hour hand will have moved 7.5 degrees away from the minute hand (352.5)

Yes, it's 7.5 degrees. The big hand is on the three while the little hand is one quarter of the way between the 3 and 4.

So the answer is 1/4 of 1/12 of 360degrees.

=7.5 degrees

Now what's the first time after 3PM when the hour and min hands are EXACTLY on top of one another?
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekn0
"What did you do ray!"
ha! i didn't think anyone would get that
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Addict

I used to study:

Gung-fu
Eastern/Western Philosophy

but I'm on a break from that.

I'm usually a Dad in my spare time these days. Keeps me busy.
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Head

Quote:
Now what's the first time after 3PM when the hour and min hands are EXACTLY on top of one another?
If it is a rolex, techinically the minute hand will have to pass over (be directly above) the hour hand at about 3:16:36. But that's just being technical.
Old 22nd May 2006
no ssl yet
Quote:
3 producers are going to a convention and decide to share a hotel room. The room is 30 bux. Each producer puts in 10 dollars. After the producers check in, the desk attendent realized he overcharged the producers, the rate should have been 25 bux. He sends the bell hop up to give the producers their change. The bell hop decides that it would be too difficult for 3 people to share 5 bux, so he decides to take two and gives each one of the producers a dollar back. If the producers paid $9 each, and the bell hop kept two, where's the missing dollar?

NOTE give me a second to edit this.
They didnt pay $9 each they contributed $9.333 each (of the $30)

The producers initially paid $10 each for a total of $30

OF which $5 was returned. This leaves each producer's respective payment at 1/3 of 25 which is 8.33

OF the remaining $5 dollars each producer was given a $1 refund. Which brought each producer's portion of the total to $9.33

$9.333 (3) = approx $28

(which is the original 30 minus the 2 that the bell hop kept)

There is no extra dollar

Note: a check would be that the Bell hop took $2. Each respective producer contributed .6667 to the bellhop's $2

So each spent $10 - (the original $8.333 that was never returned) - (the .6667 that went to the bell hop) - ($1 refund to each) = 0

Showing that there is no missing dollar
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
If the producers paid $9 each, and the bell hop kept two, where's the missing dollar?

specious reasoning. bad math. trick question. there ain't no missing dollar.

best,
rlnyc.
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

i feel that turning off the tv until nba starts again...
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Head

Quote:
NOTE give me a second to edit this.
They didnt pay $9 each they contributed $9.333 each (of the $30)

The producers initially paid $10 each for a total of $30

OF which $5 was returned. This leaves each producer's respective payment at 1/3 of 25 which is 8.33

OF the remaining $5 dollars each producer was given a $1 refund. Which brought each producer's portion of the total to $9.33

$9.333 (3) = approx $28

(which is the original 30 minus the 2 that the bell hop kept)

There is no extra dollar

Note: a check would be that the Bell hop took $2. Each respective producer contributed .6667 to the bellhop's $2

So each spent $10 - (the original $8.333 that was never returned) - (the .6667 that went to the bell hop) - ($1 refund to each) = 0

Showing that there is no missing dollar
Correct, there is no missing dollar. While the producers may think they paid a total of 27 for the room, they infact only paid 25 for the room, from the five dollars left over they got 3 and the bell hop kept 2 which equals 30.
Old 22nd May 2006
no ssl yet
Quote:
If it is a rolex, techinically the minute hand will have to pass over (be directly above) the hour hand at about 3:16:36. But that's just being technical.
Does a rolex work differently from all other clocks? ( I know they are kinetic but I 've never known the timing to be different)

The time I come up wit is 3:16:21:82

But it's too much explanation to go innto it right now LOL

New one.

Inside a dark closet are 5 hats: 3blue and 2 Red
Three men go into the closet and each selects a hat in the dark and places it on his head (unseen)

Each knows that the closet has 3blue and 2 red and that the other men have the same knowledge

Once outside the closet no man can see his own hat. The first looks at the other 2 and says "I cannot tell what color my hat is" The 2nd hears this, looks at the other two and says " I cannot tell what color my hat is either" The 3rd man is blind.

The blind man says "well I know what color my hat is"

What color is his hat and how does he know
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Addict

video
Old 23rd May 2006
Lives for gear

network.

fam'lay.

network.

network.

some more networking.

oh, did i mention networking?

outside of that, not much else.

which is not a good thing. do u remember how it was before music became the norm? life was balanced, there was a pattern of sorts. now.....?
Old 23rd May 2006
Gear Addict

No limit texas holdem
Old 23rd May 2006
no ssl yet
Quote:
Does a rolex work differently from all other clocks? ( I know they are kinetic but I 've never known the timing to be different)

New one.

Three men go into the closet and each selects a hat in the dark and places it on his head (unseen)

Each knows that the closet has 3blue and 2 red and that the other men have the same knowledge

Once outside the closet no man can see his own hat. The first looks at the other 2 and says "I cannot tell what color my hat is" The 2nd hears this, looks at the other two and says " I cannot tell what color my hat is either" The 3rd man is blind.

OK come on 3rd you asked for one not so easy
Old 23rd May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
OK come on 3rd you asked for one not so easy
LoL, hold on...got to get back to the game. I'll be back.
Old 23rd May 2006
Lives for gear
Quote:

New one.

His hat is either Blue or Red. If Homo#1 and Homo#2 both have a blue hat on, Blind Melon could have on either a red or a blue hat.

I like to Golf, Ride my 2005 Harley FXDWG, play wiffle ball in the back yard, and love the NFL....Bears
Old 23rd May 2006
Gear Head

Quote:

----

My answer to the overlap, was simple. .5x + 90 = 6x
the hour hand moves at a rate of .5 degrees per minute, the minute hand moves at 6 degrees per minute. 90 is degree for 3pm. Solve for X
90=5.5x
x =90/5.5 = 16.363636 this is the point where both the hour and minute hand are equal to each other. A more accurate number could be achieved if we ere looking at the second hand too.

The blind man knows his hat is blue. The other two must have the same color if they can't identify their color (they are looking at the same thing, either 1red hat or 1 blue hat). And if they have two reds the blind man's hat has to be blue. and if they have two blues and can't tell what color hat they have it's because the blind man's hat is blue.
Old 23rd May 2006
Gear Nut

Play with my kids, see movies with the wife. Thats about it. I lead a very boring life outside of music.
Old 23rd May 2006
no ssl yet
Quote:
My answer to the overlap, was simple. .5x + 90 = 6x
the hour hand moves at a rate of .5 degrees per minute, the minute hand moves at 6 degrees per minute. 90 is degree for 3pm. Solve for X
90=5.5x
x =90/5.5 = 16.363636 this is the point where both the hour and minute hand are equal to each other. A more accurate number could be achieved if we ere looking at the second hand too.

The blind man knows his hat is blue. The other two must have the same color if they can't identify their color (they are looking at the same thing, either 1red hat or 1 blue hat). And if they have two reds the blind man's hat has to be blue. and if they have two blues and can't tell what color hat they have it's because the blind man's hat is blue.

Yes his hat is blue

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search