The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Help Help plz help
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Nut

Help Help plz help

i spent a lot of money on gear 35000+ and it seems i cant get the sound thats in my head ( the soul of the late 60's and 70's) with that nice big production sound.

[B]I KNOW A LOT OF IT HAS TO DO WITH KNOWLEDGE, AND MORE KNOWLEDGE.
BUT I KNOW WHAT I LIKE AND WHAT I HEAR IN MY HEAD. SOUL AND EMOTION AND VINTAGE, VAULT ROCK, WITH URGENCY ETC.... JUST BLAZE, PINK FLOYD, MEETS DRE AND BGEES. [B] I CANT EVEN GET MY ROLAND TO SOUND LIKE I WANT IN MY HEAD AND I AM FRUSTRATED. I AM A TRUCK DRIVER I OWN MY COMPANY SO I MAKE GREAT MONEY BUT IT SEEMS I DONT HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO GET THE MUSIC IN MY HEAD OUT THE WAY I WNAT IT TO BE HEARD.
HELP WHAT SHOULD I DO AND IS THIER A GEAR LIST OF GREAT MUSIC THAT I CAN COPY TO GET THAT SOUND. THANKS TO A FRUSTRATED MUSIC LOVER

PS. I DOING THIS FOR ME AND NOT TO MAKE MONEY OR GET NOTICED, IT JUST FOR MY OWN PERSONAL EXPRESSION AND PASSION.
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexxon
HELP WHAT SHOULD I DO AND IS THIER A GEAR LIST OF GREAT MUSIC THAT I CAN COPY TO GET THAT SOUND. THANKS TO A FRUSTRATED MUSIC LOVER

No...it's so much more than that.
It's instruments, players, etc etc. It's a vibe....
On the engineering front, you'd be better off renting a high end studio that has a compitent tech than trying to DIY, honesly.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search