The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The french rapper I'm working with... Need advices !
Old 21st May 2006
Lives for gear

The french rapper I'm working with... Need advices !

Here's an extract of a whole mixtape I've made (excepts some instrumentals from Eminem, and others), with a french rapper, that became my friend, who's name is Sevan.

I've been recording him from a crappy M-Audio Luna (directly to berhinger mixer's crappy preamp).

I've struggled one year with this setup, trying to catch back the vocals with some plugins (I've never found 1 combinason working great anyway).

I'd like to know first, what you think about his flow (it's in french, so this might sound weird to your years). If you have ideas about a good preamp and mic combinason for this voice, I'd be glad to have some advice from you guys.

his website : www.senorazzad.com (all the instrumentals made by me, there's some good crap, but some very good ideas too IMO. Some instrumentals are made by... well you'll know it if you like eminem, etc.)

Specially take a listen to "J'laisse parler ma rage", "Tu veux quoi", and "Mon Rap" which is the first time I've been making a 3/4 beat for Rap... Pretty new to me as far as I know.

Here's the extract :
Attached Files

sev1.mp3 (862.4 KB, 194 views)

Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Addict

I really dug the flute on that Toujours song... the J'laisse joint has potential... Homies flow was decent... the whole thing would've been more enjoyable if it was mixed... when it's not, you tend to wonder what he's saying or rappin about... on a whole it seems like a fun lil project... the Rapper has to be either a prick or a comedic guy... he reminds me of Doogie Howsers best friend...

How do French Hip Hop fans feel about him...
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

Well, this is a mixtape made almost a year and a half ago. At that time, he (and I) loved to make some kind of "joke" songs. But we loved to get very serious on some subjects like on his father's sudden death when he was only 16 y.o.

Now we'll more be making serious songs, and club songs (with some diss).

The flute on the "Toujours les mêmes fêtes" is a bit wack, and I didn't finish the song because at the end, I had no inspiration, no melody Ideas on this one.

French people don't know yet about him, but Majors (especially THE boss of some major) are really interrested, but they want a complete album, blinging, and polished, and with 3 singles (which is a standard).

Anyway, he's the guy who made me discover the writting, and I was the guy who made him discover how to be melodic, even if you're rapping (taking breathe at the right time -some work still has to be done here- how to jump on words, etc).

Thanx for your comment Babyface !

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search