The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
pt le, running out of tracks ?
Old 31st May 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdoghat View Post
Hey Shane, could you be more specific about how to get around the 32 track count - I thought I understood what you meant - what I thought you meant was to bus an inactive track to an aux and I just tried it out and of course LE won't let me bus an inactive track. I run out of tracks almost every time and end up with sounds sharing tracks and eq bypass automating, it's crazy and very annoying. If I could get around this I would very happy. Thanks
I have a ton of stuff on the DUC in various old posts. This should get you started:

How to get more tracks with the MPT and DVT 2

Since you mentioned your limit is 32 tracks, that tells me you dont have the MPT or DVT. You'll have to use the ReWire method. Ableton LIVE or REAPER ReWired into PT will give you a ton more Audio tracks.

I've written various "how-to's" about this over the years on the DUC and the REAPER forums that you may find doing a search.

Hope that helps.

Shane
Old 31st May 2008
Lives for gear

im on logic now.......things are good..............
Old 31st May 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
I have a ton of stuff on the DUC in various old posts. This should get you started:

How to get more tracks with the MPT and DVT 2

Since you mentioned your limit is 32 tracks, that tells me you dont have the MPT or DVT. You'll have to use the ReWire method. Ableton LIVE or REAPER ReWired into PT will give you a ton more Audio tracks.

I've written various "how-to's" about this over the years on the DUC and the REAPER forums that you may find doing a search.

Hope that helps.

Shane
Thank you so much!
Old 1st June 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfguard View Post
im on logic now.......things are good..............
I know quite a few who jumped ship and dont blame ya. Though I enjoy working with PT HD and LE and am a fan boy, I'll have to admit, it's in the stone age these days.

Shane
Old 1st June 2008
Lives for gear

i like ptle also , but to many limitations
Old 1st June 2008
Deleted User
uUsually when I run into a situation like this I have to music using stems. Mix down a stereo wav of the beat, then a stereo of each rapper, but consolidate it to the length of the whole track. Create a new session and import all the stems and mix them. You'll probably have to go back and forth editing each stem individually so that everything fits. It's a pain, but it's probably the only way you can do it in pro tools without having to upgrade.
Old 2nd June 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfguard View Post
im doing this one track now where im already at 30 tracks. ive got 5 mcs on this track so ive never had this problem before. i know about the ptle 48 track option. i might do that later but i cant right now. every mc has 4 mono tracks. 1 panned left, one right , one down the middle and one adlib track. i was thinking i could bus those 4 tracks to one track and that would free up 3 tracks for me. is this common. i usually dont record the mcs, but know im starting to more and more and mixing my own stuff aswell. thanx for any help.

"TRACK ABUSE"

I remember a time when you only had so many tracks to record to, and that was it. Everyone used what they had with much success. But when DAW's hit the market and grew, everyone went track crazy.

But hey...you're that mix engineer. Do what you do and justify what you do. If you need to chop it down to single leads, do so. Run the mix by your client and see if they like it.

and dude, 5 MCees on one song? much be short verses running back to back, short hooks, or simply a very long song.
Old 2nd June 2008
Lives for gear

the song wasnt that long, kinda short verses. it was something for the local cats......a while ago also... you can listen to it here if you want.. its the 954 anthem....almost 2 years ago...btw i all but abandoned my myspace page.......the mix isnt that great, it was my first one....the beat is also mine.........

MySpace.com - under construction - Florida - Hip Hop - www.myspace.com/ampischamp
Old 2nd June 2008
Gear Maniac

just get mptk. Since you are already on pt, it is a worth while investment. If you switch, you're gonna spend money anyway, and waste time learning another DAW when you have clients now. Besides, mptk comes with some really nice plugs like smack and TL space which imo make it worth a lot more than what you're paying.

But if you MUST stay with default ptle, then you can always put MC's on the same tracks, Like double up MC 1 and 3, 2 & 4, etc. Then just automate the hell out of the different EQ's and compressor settings for each. You can put each rappers plugins on the same channel and just automate bypass.

I wouldn't suggest bouncing the beat to 2 track if you plan on mixing the song after. When the vocals are added in, it totally changes the mix and a lot of frequency juggling is going to happen.
Old 3rd June 2008
3 words: Music Production Toolkit
Old 3rd June 2008
Lives for gear

3 others words.......i have logic..................

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search