The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I like this rapper... Is he *hot* in the US ?
Old 16th May 2006
Lives for gear

I like this rapper... Is he *hot* in the US ?

I donno about the US, but over here in France, It doesn't get on the air that much. Still, I like his way to slow down and speed up his rap, he just ows his flow pretty tight. His voice must be a very difficult to bring up the mix as he doesn't seem to be really loud.

Here's an extract
Attached Files

pit-toma-10s.mp3 (176.0 KB, 239 views)

Old 16th May 2006
Lives for gear

YEA dude--thats pitbull, i take it you haven't heard ying yang twins "shake" yet??? Pitbull's definately hot here...that song you got is way over a year old
Old 16th May 2006

Pretty much the King of Miami for the last year and a half....
Old 16th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont
Pretty much the King of Miami for the last year and a half....
Tony-- well... it'd be a fight between him and Daddy Yankee ..... dont ya think?
Old 16th May 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingneeraj
Tony-- well... it'd be a fight between him and Daddy Yankee ..... dont ya think?
Nah, I don't think Daddy Yankee is as big down there as he is in NYC.. Yankee is straight Reggaeton from PR, and Pitbull is more a rapper who's from Miami with a Cuban background. But, Yankee is killing the Reggaeton market all across the US.
Old 16th May 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingneeraj

Daddy Yankee is killing it down here in miami, but miami has got unbelievable love for pitbull, no contest...he's their golden boy, the streets love em. the big three..Trick, Pit, and Luke. Now we got Rick Ross on the come up and Cool and Dre, and Khaled's crazy ass. its looking pretty good for miami, ross is reppin it right, cool and dre slinging the beats.

Zachinno, i got mad mixtape stuff of Pitbull, homie used to put out mixtapes ALL the time with like 40 tracks on em. Let me know if you want me to send you some MP3's of some good stuff.
Old 16th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickrock305
Zachinno, i got mad mixtape stuff of Pitbull, homie used to put out mixtapes ALL the time with like 40 tracks on em. Let me know if you want me to send you some MP3's of some good stuff.
I'd love to hear this !

PM me and I'll give you a space on the net where you'll be able to upload the mp3s.

Soon I'm gonna make a beat for Pit, whether he wants it or not ^^.
Old 16th May 2006
Lives for gear

yankee...pitbull---->straight wack
Old 16th May 2006
Gear Maniac

whip it real hard whip it whip it real hard... sorry just had to throw that in there
Old 16th May 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by azwun25

in your ever so humble opinion of course
Old 16th May 2006
Lives for gear

IMHO of course!
Old 16th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by azwun25
I'm not a fan myself, but they rock the clubs..

"After a few drinks that is!"
Old 16th May 2006
Gear Guru

exactly, if you saw how some of these fine little latin mamis shake their asses to yankee and pit, you would be a fan LOL
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

I saw the video for that song a long time ago, and I liked it. Definitely good party stuff. Anyone with a yahoo account, just go to yahoo music and watch it.
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

he looks like something out of american history x...
Old 17th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacchino
Soon I'm gonna make a beat for Pit, whether he wants it or not ^^.
I'd really like to see that come off.Get Solaar to rep with him on it.Make that happen.I'm down with that.

But to add to this thread, remember Pitbull being unsigned hype, I think, few years back.He hustled hard and still is.I agree with the fact that he's got a madd flow.Like the way he mixes it up.Still luv that 305 Anthem. (in Lil Jon voice)
Old 17th May 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddstone

But to add to this thread, remember Pitbull being unsigned hype, I think, few years back.He hustled hard and still is.

yep, pit is one of the hardest working artists i've ever met. There was a time, before he got his deal, that you would literally see him everywhere. Every event, he was always there, every mixtape he was always on. Thats what really impressed me about him was his work ethic. Real humble dude too.

Be on the lookout for Garcia coming out of Miami, he's the same way...just grinds hard and is always out there. His stuff isn't as radio friendly as pit's was though, although it seems he's trying to change that.

So I PMed you Zachinno, but never heard back from ya...
Old 18th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickrock305
Be on the lookout for Garcia coming out of Miami, he's the same way...just grinds hard and is always out there. His stuff isn't as radio friendly as pit's was though, although it seems he's trying to change that.
Got any Garcia material to check out?I like hearing some fresh sounds.
Old 19th May 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Phoenix
I'm not a fan myself, but they rock the clubs..
No doubt. It is what it is, but...
That **** is straight killin it in the clubs.
Can't hate on neither dude.

You ever seen the ladies at a Pitbull or Reggaeton concert?
Oh my gawd...

CULO !!!!

Old 19th May 2006
Lives for gear

Is it Mae In Puerto Rico ?
Old 20th July 2006
Lives for gear

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatWAVS
whip it real hard whip it whip it real hard... sorry just had to throw that in there

Hey thats my favorite song....

to attempt suicide to......

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search