The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
vocal plugins?
Old 15th May 2006
Here for the gear

vocal plugins?

I'm a digidesign protools le user and I'm just looking for new vocal plugins to toy around with and try out, alot of my clients request different effects on vocals and i'm starting to run thin on what i've been using (hi pass eq, flangers, multitap, dopplers....) anybody got any favorites you want to share? Or maybe anything that produces any different vocal sounds.... also hopefully they are pro tools compatible....
Old 15th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaepilla
I'm a digidesign protools le user and I'm just looking for new vocal plugins to toy around with and try out, alot of my clients request different effects on vocals and i'm starting to run thin on what i've been using (hi pass eq, flangers, multitap, dopplers....) anybody got any favorites you want to share? Or maybe anything that produces any different vocal sounds.... also hopefully they are pro tools compatible....
I dont know if the Sound Toys Plug-ins are compatible with LE or not, but you may wanna check it out. Echoboy and Filterfreak may be exactly what you're looking for! Also for an alternate version of tuning vocals (to autotune) is PurePitch, where you can automate the pitch bend. I use this all the time because it lets you use your EARS to tune vocals to the track. Unlike autotune where you're visually tuning!
Old 15th May 2006
MDM
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaepilla
did you check the Antares vocal bundle?

and did you check out Melodyne?

and what about using filters on vocals ? u can get a really funky, in your face filtered sound when throwing voices through a Korg MS-20 synth .. or it Plugin version will also do it perfectly ...
Old 25th July 2006
Gear Addict

Some geophysicist came up with autotune. Apparently it uses the same type of mathematical algorithm that is used to measure seismic data or some such bafoonery.
Old 26th July 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsilbers
you've got to be kidding...

goto www.musiciansfriend.com and BUY THEM!!!!

you think that plugin developers just magically come up with plugins?
that they play video games and the outcome is a compresor plugin?
to make a plugin u first have to go to COLLEGE and learn software engineering,
and not to mention devolping something as complex as autotune .
have you heard what moedling technology is and how its implemented to make plugins like amp farm , amplitude etc?
not only software engineering but also a lot of math is involve, complex math.
can you see why YOU SHOULD BUY THESE PLUGINS????
it cost a lot to make plugins.
I think that might be a language barrier he's not crossing. By "sharing" he might only mean that he wants someone to suggest the name. I could be wrong, but that's how I read it...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search