The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Looking for an Intern/Assistant.......
Old 15th May 2006
Lives for gear

Looking for an Intern/Assistant.......

I have a studio, that I run that has clients that I have built up from ME. I am getting to the age where I need to hire someone to keep this studio going stronger.

Questions are:

What Programs should I invest in? I use Logic 7 at this time

What test should I put this person on to acess if they are worth it?

How much should I pay this person.

Moderators feel free to move this to the right forum! >
Old 15th May 2006
Here for the gear

I don't know

I dont' have any answers to your questions but i am also located in illinois (chicago) and i've run my own home studio for the past 4 years and i have very extensive protools and engineering experience........so the position may have already been filled!! lol....to be honest i'm looking to get as much experience as possible if you have any info let me know [email protected]
Old 15th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by illynoise
I have a studio, that I run that has clients that I have built up from ME. I am getting to the age where I need to hire someone to keep this studio going stronger.

Questions are:

What Programs should I invest in? I use Logic 7 at this time>
Protools w/ apogee converters .....do you have a picture or a list of what you have right now as far as gear?
Quote:
What test should I put this person on to acess if they are worth it?>
I don't know ...make him/her clean up your clogged toilets....you should just know...its all based on attitude....
Quote:
How much should I pay this person.>
how much you got? do you want to hire an expert or an amateur? do you want to train this person or are you going to assume they already know a fair bit?
Old 16th May 2006
Lives for gear

I'm actually in Colorado, sorry....

I'm looking for someone who is team oriented, most of the people that I've talked to are only making beats or just want someone to teach them.

I'm going to look here locally, probably an intern at first.

My subject line was kind of misleading, I'm actually looking to find someone with experience as a studio owner who has employees to answer these questions.

As far as pro tools, I was thinking about that, but I've been in business for 8 years now and I haven't lost money by not having pro tools, but I understand that most people probably know PT better than Logic.

Thanks

BaseJase
Illynoise
Old 17th May 2006
Gear Addict

Sorry to get off topic but did you do some tracks on the latest P-Cutta Art of War mixtape? Someone hollars Illinoise through a couple tracks.
Old 19th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Yo Illy, I'm located in Colorado. Holler at me if your still lookin' for some help.
Old 20th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relax
Sorry to get off topic but did you do some tracks on the latest P-Cutta Art of War mixtape? Someone hollars Illinoise through a couple tracks.
Not unless one of my beat cd's got out of reach.

Base Jase
Old 21st May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relax
Did some research with Black Pegasus and he said that we know that cat, so yes it's possible on the shout.

Me and Black P are selling a lot of beats and verses right now!

Check out that diss about the radio station, at www.myspace.com/blackpegasus

people are loving it!

BaseJase
Illynoise
Old 21st May 2006
Gear Addict

Unless they paid to get on the P-Cutta joints... P lives around my way (and to get on his joint he charges a couple dollars)... they do run with Illa Gee (Mobb Deep)... so it could be him... that whole Street Wars series is pretty much finito in my opinion...

Glad to hear business is jumpin off tho...
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Addict

Its a joint with a rapper who I can't remember and Sade.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search