The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Production Notes on Jaheim's Ghetto Classics
Old 10th May 2006
Lives for gear

Production Notes on Jaheim's Ghetto Classics

Hi,

just wonder if someone could give some production notes (Used equipment, treatments of voice and things...) about this album! Like the sound!

Help!!!
Old 10th May 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewj
Hi,

just wonder if someone could give some production notes (Used equipment, treatments of voice and things...) about this album! Like the sound!

Help!!!
Sorry I don't have anything helpful to tell you but that album is FIRE! Some girl left it at my house and I can't stop listening to it. I looked for info at http://www.dubcnn.com/thevault/ but there was nothing. Fiend is soooooooooo dope.
Old 10th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relax
that album is FIRE! Fiend is soooooooooo dope.
absolutely
Old 11th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi,

Help!!!

I can tell you this much: they used a Sony C800G mic...
Old 12th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingneeraj
I can tell you this much: they used a Sony C800G mic...
That's what I was shure about!
Old 13th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
That's what I was shure about!
And we used an Avalon 737 as the mic pre...compressor not in on the 737... but monoitor using the LA-2A plug-in!
Old 13th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
And we used an Avalon 737 as the mic pre...compressor not in on the 737... but monoitor using the LA-2A plug-in!
But the pluggie just for monitoring!? So no compression on the vox at all? Please give me more!
Old 14th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
But the pluggie just for monitoring!? So no compression on the vox at all? Please give me more!
Yeah weird huh! But then again, i'm 1000000% sure compression was added in the mixing stage... but the engineer that was tracking it... he never compresses to tape. asshole... [i was the assistant on that session]

haha
Old 14th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah weird huh! But then again, i'm 1000000% sure compression was added in the mixing stage... but the engineer that was tracking it... he never compresses to tape. asshole... [i was the assistant on that session]

haha
But the avalon's compressor isn't bad is it?

Oh tape? You record the vocals to tape? And then transfer to protools?

Kinda weird here! I heard a lot about good tools here, but really never got the advise to try an avalon tool here! Bit scared because I thought they produce good tools! At the moment I am searching for a really good compressor that adds some glue to my tracks! A lot here recommend the distressor because of it's versatility (I just have software compressors at the moment and the integrated compressor in my Audient Sumo (This is a real pumping machine!!! hahaha)).

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search