The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Trade MPC2000xl for MPC1000?
Old 9th May 2006
Here for the gear

Trade MPC2000xl for MPC1000?

I have a MPC2000xl, built in Zip250, upgraded memory. I like the MPC1000, mainly because of its size, and I am constantly in need of room (I am currently a college student in an apartment). Are there any serious reasons that I should NOT switch from a 2000xl to a 1000? Thanks!
Old 9th May 2006
Lives for gear

I was the same. 2000XL > 1k specifically for the 'physical size'.

I love the CF cards. I HATED zips.

I miss sample audition before loading (in the 2k).

The 2k is a little easier to navigate IMHO, but its a minor point.

1k is cool.
Old 9th May 2006
Gear Addict

i got a 1000 sitting right next to me, its all i use in brasil in terms of mpc. dude you cant go wrong. 128 mb ram USB its the JAM.
Old 9th May 2006
Lives for gear

Why not just get the 2000XL Muti Card Drive?

http://1226354.estore.networksolutio...etail.bok?no=5
Old 10th May 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJShowtime
I have a MPC2000xl, built in Zip250, upgraded memory. I like the MPC1000, mainly because of its size, and I am constantly in need of room (I am currently a college student in an apartment). Are there any serious reasons that I should NOT switch from a 2000xl to a 1000? Thanks!
a producer i was working with bought one, but had trouble transfering sounds from his zips (he did production at another studio that had a 2KXL). i.e., no zip drive or SCSI ports on the 1K. he ended up trading it in and getting a 2KXL in the end.

check out this link:
http://www.mpc-tutor.com/mpc-1000/mpc-1000.php
Old 10th May 2006
Here for the gear

I've got a MPC 1k and i'm more than satisfied. It's great!
And if i got it right there's no big difference between the 2kXL and the 1k (when updated with the new OS).
If i had and 2kXl i wouldn't trade it, cuz it's more classic, and got bigger pads (i think).
But if i aint had no MPC at all i would pick the 1k (like a did).

It's just a matter of feel, cuz there's no big difference.
Old 11th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJShowtime

Good Idea,trade that old xl,the 1k is POWERFULL AS HELL..with the new os its basically a mini mpc 2500

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search