The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Traktor HELP please! DJ Media Players
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

Traktor HELP please!

ok, so I just asked this same question in a Serato vs Tractor thread, but since that thread is perhaps a dead horse, and I am quite anxious to resolve this, I made it, it's own thread. (please excuse me mods)

ok so I'm trying to use Traktor to record cuts and I've figured out how to record my mixes but I want the recording of the cuts separate from the beat.....can anybody tell me how this is done?
Old 19th September 2011
Gear Nut
I have Traktor and I believe it only records one final stereo track. I would imagine you could run the two channels out in mono if you have the right interface for the extra outputs. I'm not sure if you have a DAW of any sort but if you do then the whole process can be simplified by just recording your cuts on additional tracks there. That's a much better option in the end.
Old 19th September 2011
Gear Maniac

I route my traktor scratches from audio4dj -> multiface2. Recently bought a 2006 Macbook just to run Traktor Scratch Duo so my DAW pc will just record it as an external signal.
Old 20th September 2011
Gear Nut

If you set traktor up for an external mixer in the audio prefs you can have different decks output to different output channels. With 4 outs and 2 stereo tracks you should be able to record them separately.
Old 21st September 2011
Lives for gear

thanks for the suggestions guys!

buuut uuugh, I believe I have tried everything now!

host250, the only way to route audio from one prog to another that I have found is with a program called soundflower and while that succeeds in doing so it is very slow and choppy, thus useless

I tried what I see to be all possible combinations of routing and settings inTraktor preferences to achieve recording of one deck as well, to no avail

this shouldn't be impossible as it appears to be and if it is possible then it shouldn't be so difficult!

I'm DAW is Reaper, my audio interface is a Profire 610 and the controller I'm using in Traktor is a DN-S1200 if that lends any insight / ideas to anyone that could help me out here

much appreciated
Old 21st September 2011
Gear Maniac

Why don't you route the signal from traktor to a profire stereo out and back to one of the stereo ins? Then record that input to Reaper.

Obviously the beat you scratch to would playback at the same time in reaper (sent to a different output). Thats how I used to do "itb".

I haven't used profire so maybe my tips are useless. If profire has a soft mixer you could monitor both outputs with your phones.
Old 21st September 2011
Gear Addict

Ok, thinking out the box (itb!!!)

Does traktor have a pan function per deck? Or autopan effect you could set to zero movement?

Or failing that, import the beat and scratch samples into a DAW, bounce the beat panned hard left, and the scratch samples panned hard right.

Record back into your DAW as two mono tracks!
Old 21st September 2011
Gear Addict

Or if it's just cuts you want to record, why not just play the beat from your DAW, and put the scratches only through traktor?
Old 22nd September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartb View Post
Or if it's just cuts you want to record, why not just play the beat from your DAW, and put the scratches only through traktor?
That's what I was trying to explain with my elementary school english heh
Old 23rd September 2011
Lives for gear

good suggestions peoples! thank you!

I finally found a solution though by following this guide on how to to sync traktor to ableton and learning of an amazing little audio routing app called Jack OS X (Jack OS X - a Jack implementation for Mac OS X) lag free!

How to Sync Traktor Pro 2 + Ableton Live – Pt 2: Routing Audio | Dubspot’s DJ Endo | Dubspot Blog

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search