The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
EPS classic slave mode ?? Keyboard Workstations
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Head

EPS classic slave mode ??

So i have been able to control many types of synths from a roland vs1824 but im having difficulty with the ensoniq EPS. Normally with the roland xp80 I just set the vs midi clock, set the xp80 to slave and once I press play on the vs the xp follows instantly for tracking but I cant figure out how to do it with the eps for the life of me, I have been thru the manual, went thru every midi setting and it still wont follow the vs. I can get the EPS to be the master of other synths but not vice versa. any help would be appreciated, thank y0u
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

Are you just trying to sequence your other synths from the EPS? go edit instrument go to the page that says both and select midi on the track that u want to use to control said external synth then go to midi channel and select the channel that said synth is on. Keep in mind if the synth you are controlling is not multi timbral you won't be able to control multiple sounds from the EPS. I hope this helps.
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Head

thank for the reply, what i need to get done is....

i have a whole song made in just the eps. Im trying to record the individual tracks in perfect timing into the roland vs via midi. I have the vs midi clock set and mid cable plugged into the OUT of the roland and into the IN of the eps. I press play on the vs1824 and nothing happens, if it was the xp80 or other keyboard the song would play. im starting to think I might have to try making the recorder the slave to the eps unless a great answer comes along
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

It's been a while since I used the eps but try to look for something that says clock source and change to MIDI.

Sent from my HERO200 using Gearslutz.com App
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

its possible but i forget how to do it. i havent used my eps in a year and i forget where the power cord is or id check for u
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Edit- seq- song

Sent from my HERO200 using Gearslutz.com App
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search