The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Hip Hop Is Officially Dead? Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

Hip Hop Is Officially Dead?

Justin Bieber: Freestyle Rap on Tim Westwood TV. - YouTube
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

My seven year old girl says Justin sings like a little girl. Perhaps you are correct.
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Nut

If one ****ty attempt at rapping could ruin hip hop, it would have been dead before it started. It will never die, it will just be reinvented.
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear
WAY TOO MUCH REVERB.

Bieber Fever? should call that **** REVERB FEVERB.
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Head

justin bieber its a real OG man...
Old 18th September 2011
zzz
Gear Addict

Zombies working..
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear
HAHAHAHAHA

"This is funky"
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Nut
You ****ing straight-laced losers, let him rap heh

But yeh, too much reverb.

E: besides, "I'm just a pop singer". He understands
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

it's in purgatory, waiting to be saved.
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Addict

if the US government, the church, Tipper Gore, the Hip Hop Police, and a host of others couldnt kill hip hop what makes you think lil Biebs could?
Old 18th September 2011
osd
Gear Nut

NEEDS MORE VERB!

Bieb spits a lukewarm 3.5 bars.
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

Commercial Hip Hop has been dead for some time now, and cute, ikkle JB is not really going to revive or re-vibe it.
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrey View Post
If one ****ty attempt at rapping could ruin hip hop, it would have been dead before it started. It will never die, it will just be reinvented.
+1!
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

we can only hope that rap and hiphop die soon
Old 18th September 2011
RTR
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_KICK View Post
justin bieber its a real OG man...
probably about as OG as the rest of the **** talkers that act hard but aRE not!
Old 18th September 2011
Who cares? That boy is probably more talented than a lot of guys here. let him do his thing, we do our thing. It has nothing to do with the status of hip hop.
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Head

Talented plizz.... mayby created. Donald Duck its more real then this dude.. i dont boliwe you can read crap like this in hip hop forum... I just wait to dr dre and eminem do featuring whit him its wery close
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Head

Hip Hop as you may have known it is dead. But the way we used to watch TV back in the 80's is dead too, but the TV is stronger than ever. Catch my drift?
Case in point, the video below shows one aspect of where "hip hop" is at.
Looks like "Malibu's Most Wanted" is becoming a reality and not a parody!
Just goes to show you that you too could get out there if you wear 3D glasses from the movie theater with the lenses removed!

Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

As long as emcees are alive who rep what Hip Hop is from its roots, it won't die. It may be on life support though, and there are many emcees working tirelessly to ensure that it survives. As for most of these dudes on the radio, and that wack-ass white chick above, that ain't Hip Hop! It's pop songs, with rappers (barely capable rappers at that), rapping.
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

I've seen and heard much worst performers,
and who's justin beiber btw ??
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

I'll tell you what I DID like: he didn't slip into a fake a$$ "hard" persona or new York accent. I've seen many "better" rappers who are scared to use their natural voice... Not bieber. That was the real him for better or worse. No it wasn't ill, but it was genuine.
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Nut
^^ And it wasn't that bad. Genuine + decent. If he stays true to his voice and style he can someday do some quite interesting and great rapping/talk singing. I'm serious. I'm sure he'll someday do some rapping on his single and it'll be a hit and the only reason why the hip-hop producers and engineers here won't admit they like it is cuz "Bieber just can't be good". Crazy!
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Addict

another stupid thread that has nothing to do with gear
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Ray View Post
it was genuine.
Your right.It was genuine.A genuine waste of time.It truly cannot get any worse when we are having a conversation about it to boot.
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goa-Dubs

Your right.It was genuine.A genuine waste of time.It truly cannot get any worse when we are having a conversation about it to boot.
Says the guy who bumped the thread...
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Hip hop has been dead. But its somewhat showing signs of life..... Stay tuned
Old 19th September 2011
Gax
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderdan View Post
if the US government, the church, Tipper Gore, the Hip Hop Police, and a host of others couldnt kill hip hop what makes you think lil Biebs could?
They killed what rap was all about. rap industry is now "brainwashed"
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

If hip hop can live through Vanilla Ice and M.C. Hammer, someone like Justin Bieber rapping on a radio show shouldn't matter. What matters is fans of hip hop are actually caring about this.

That said, I only caught a bit of it, as youtube was hanging up but he was rapping better than a lot of the average 'rappers' you hear with a big opinion about all this nonsense so what does that say about hip hip?
Old 20th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
another stupid thread that has nothing to do with gear
Bull****. "Popular" artists have everything to do with gear... to my both pleasure and disdain.

Quote:
Talented plizz.... mayby created. Donald Duck its more real then this dude.. i dont boliwe you can read crap like this in hip hop forum... I just wait to dr dre and eminem do featuring whit him its wery close
Best response so far... hahaha... He's the Miley Sirus of Clear Channel radio. I can't wait untill this "Tweens" thing passes. But does it ever really pass on that "entry" level? Hell, even the Beatles were once considered to be on his level.
Old 20th September 2011
Gear Head

Hip hop newer die until it will be live in ouer hards

Amen

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search