The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
The Neptunes: Logic Pro Desktop Synthesizers
Old 17th September 2011
Here for the gear

The Neptunes: Logic Pro

I've read and seen pictures that the Neptunes have ditched a lot of their hardware and are now using Logic Pro. Does anyone (Rickrock305??) know where they're getting their drums from while using the program? Just curious as to how they're adapting considering Logic doesn't have the greatest stock drums (although I can hear stock kits on the Nothing album). Thanks.
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

Maybe they use samples ?

I think you can use just about any sample you want with logic , either with Logic´s own EXS sampler or with something like NI Kontakt.

In fact that´s how most people do it.
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

I've seen pharrell and chad using the M-audio axiom board also.
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pashtune View Post
I've read and seen pictures that the Neptunes have ditched a lot of their hardware and are now using Logic Pro. Does anyone (Rickrock305??) know where they're getting their drums from while using the program? Just curious as to how they're adapting considering Logic doesn't have the greatest stock drums (although I can hear stock kits on the Nothing album). Thanks.

Alicia keys engineer leaked all there drum sample kits earlier this year. Id say mostly samples with some live
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Guru

They get there drums from all over. Samples, stock kits, playing live, etc.
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickrock305 View Post
They get there drums from all over. Samples, stock kits, playing live, etc.
You are correct, sir... Unfortunately, no longer from all of the gear we used to rent from you!!
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

they probably have thousands of drums, from anywhere and everywhere...like everyone else
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

garbage band?
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

Here it is

Chase Chad laptop beat - YouTube
Old 18th September 2011
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

It's well known that their old sound was very Korg based so I wouldn't be surprised if they used some drums from the Korg Digital VSTs. They probably integrate the Virus TI snow as well.
Old 19th September 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pashtune View Post
You are not limited to the stock drums in Logic. Ultrabeat allows you to "drag and drop" any sounds that you have outside of Logic. You can also use any sounds that you want in the EX24.
I personally use Battery in Logic. It's so easy to use, efficient, etc. I love how you can grab (highlight) a bunch of random sounds in a folder and just drag them onto the "pads" in Battery. It automatically maps them out for you. Quick, clean, no fuss.

As far as where they are getting their sounds from, the choices are limitless these days. You can import an audio file into logic and just slice up the sounds that you want to use.
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Marrvel View Post
It's well known that their old sound was very Korg based so I wouldn't be surprised if they used some drums from the Korg Digital VSTs. They probably integrate the Virus TI snow as well.
seen a lot of people using the snow. more for leads and the like though.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search