The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Need a good alternative to Waves.. Dynamics Plugins
Old 17th September 2011
  #1
Gear Maniac
 
beatspin's Avatar
 

Need a good alternative to Waves..

I was so used to using Waves, but since I have switched to a 64bit world, I need something that is compatible for that.

I need just some basic plugins that is similar to these:

- Waves Rcomp
- Waves Req
- Waves L2
- Waves SSL G-master bus-compressor


I use the SSL G-master and L2 on the master bus, and Rcomp and Req for pretty much everything else.

Help is MUCH appriciated. A bundle would be nice.

The only plugins I have purchased so far is Auto Tune, Vocalign, Melodyne and Breverb.
Old 17th September 2011
  #2
I would recommend:

Dmg equality+ psp nobleq for eq
Psp oldtimer + cytomic the Glue for comp
Fabfilter pro-l for limiting

Sent from my Milestone using Gearslutz.com App
Old 17th September 2011
  #3
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatspin View Post
I was so used to using Waves, but since I have switched to a 64bit world, I need something that is compatible for that.

I need just some basic plugins that is similar to these:

- Waves Rcomp
- Waves Req
- Waves L2
- Waves SSL G-master bus-compressor


I use the SSL G-master and L2 on the master bus, and Rcomp and Req for pretty much everything else.

Help is MUCH appriciated. A bundle would be nice.

The only plugins I have purchased so far is Auto Tune, Vocalign, Melodyne and Breverb.
WHat is the issue with waves and 64 bit...i run win7 64 bit with waves gold bundle...am i missing something
Old 17th September 2011
  #4
You haven't missed anything, the op probably doesn't want to update and pay the wap.

There are lots of free options, look them up at kvr.

What DAW are you using?
Old 17th September 2011
  #5
Lives for gear
 

Waves plug-ins are not 64bit yet so there is nothing to update.

Also, guy above you said he uses Waves on 64bit Windows, yes, but in 32 bit DAW. If you use 64 bit DAW, it wont recognize Waves plug-in's.

And like other guy suggested, this is excellent:

Dmg equality+ psp nobleq for eq
Psp oldtimer + cytomic the Glue for comp
Fabfilter pro-l for limiting
Old 17th September 2011
  #6
Lives for gear
 
Retrofreak's Avatar
 

McDSP, Softubes, SPL and Soundtoys bundles
Old 17th September 2011
  #7
Quote:
Also, guy above you said he uses Waves on 64bit Windows, yes, but in 32 bit DAW. If you use 64 bit DAW, it wont recognize Waves plug-in's.
Very True. I have a 64bit Win 7 and use a 32bit DAW, because alllot of the plugins are not 64bit ready.

I also own the FabFilter Pro L and Q and these plugins are AWESOME!!!!! Way better than any waves EQ or Limiter
Old 18th September 2011
  #8
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Mastering View Post
n the FabFilter Pro L and Q and these plugins are AWESOME!!!!! Way better than any waves EQ or Limiter
I keep hearing this. I got Fabfilter and DMG plug-ins based on a colleague's recommendation and tried them briefly. DMG EQ in analog mode was superb, but too much on the cpu meter. In digital mode the DMG and Fabfilter really did nothing special for me at the time. I will revisit when I get time because folks are going crazy for these.

The one issue that threw me off with them was the GUI's. It took me way too long to get to where I wanted. I'm mostly a Ren EQ, Filterbank guy and it's so quick to just grab and go with those.

Back to the OP: So many options these days. I don't know what I would buy if I was just starting out today. I haven't found an equivalent to RenVox yet.
Old 18th September 2011
  #9
Lives for gear
 
Alxi's Avatar
 

Haven't tried them yet but have you seen the new DC plugins
Very promising if you ask me

DontCrac[k] - DontCrack : Music & Audio Software Store
Old 20th December 2011
  #10
Gear Maniac
 
beatspin's Avatar
 

So many good tips here guys! I needed some time to really check them out.

The choice is made, and I landed on the Fabfilter Bundle with the Eq ,Comp, Gate & Limiter and The Glue!!!

Very happy with this. Thanks a lot!
Old 21st December 2011
  #11
Lives for gear
 

The last two projects I mixed, I used no Waves plug-ins. This is the first time that has happend.

6030 replaced renvox, CLA76

de555 & digirack de-esser 3 replaced ren de-esser

filterbank & equality replaced ren eq

sonnox limiter replaced L2 a long time ago for me
Old 21st December 2011
  #12
Lives for gear
 
E.rOk.stA's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopularDemand View Post
Back to the OP: So many options these days. I don't know what I would buy if I was just starting out today. I haven't found an equivalent to RenVox yet.
Softube's TLA-100A is a great alternative. I demo'd it and substituted it for Rvox on a few mixes with better results IMHO and Rvox/Rbass are some of the only Waves' plugins I'm still using.
Old 21st December 2011
  #13
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.rOk.stA View Post
Softube's TLA-100A is a great alternative. I demo'd it and substituted it for Rvox on a few mixes with better results IMHO and Rvox/Rbass are some of the only Waves' plugins I'm still using.
I tried some softube and a few others. I could not find another plug-in that pushes the vocals to the front with the character of RenVox until Over-EZ from the McDSP 6030. That thing not only pushes but it fattens it up too. My fav right now for rap vocals.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump