The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Need a good Tape saturation Plug-in... Saturation Plugins
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Addict

Need a good Tape saturation Plug-in...

What's up Slutz? I need help finding a good tape saturation plug-in vst.... id like to be able to demo it before I buy it 1st... any info would be a great help.... thanks guys

Sent from my DROIDX using Gearslutz.com App
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Addict

Id like to be able to use it on the 2 buss too....

Thanks again

Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

UAD Studer
Waves MPX
Massey Tape Head
Wave Arts Tube Saturator
Digidesign/Avid Reel Tape
Crane Song Phoenix
McDSP Analog Channel
Roundtone

They're all great and they all suck. Start demoing. Next time use the search function. There's a ton of these exact same threads.
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

Psp saturator is slick when used right. +1 for mpx. Tapehead on a 2bus seems dangerous...

Not a tape emulation, but I'm pretty sure that psp vw2 would get you where you wanna go too!
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Addict

Had UAD, Returned it.... Have Roundtone, I love it...

Ive been using the search on here for years Bro, I think I know how to use it...

Im looking for a good Master Buss Tape Plug, but also something I can use on other busses... I just wanted to ask some people here what they think...

Quote:
Originally Posted by traumerei1838 View Post
UAD Studer
Waves MPX
Massey Tape Head
Wave Arts Tube Saturator
Crane Song Phoenix
McDSP Analog Channel
Roundtone

They're all great and they all suck. Start demoing. Next time use the search function. There's a ton of these exact same threads.
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Addict

Thanks so much for the good info bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Ray View Post
Psp saturator is slick when used right. +1 for mpx. Tapehead on a 2bus seems dangerous...

Not a tape emulation, but I'm pretty sure that psp vw2 would get you where you wanna go too!
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Ray View Post

yep, plus psp vintage warmer - will get you there too - just play with the knobs a bit....
also I really like and use - is nuendo/cubase magneto - simply and good sounding

peace
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Addict

You could also download Nebula free ans the free R2R programs.

There is one studer program included that sounds great on the stereo bus.
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

personally, I don't have a huge need for this stuff but still like a sprinkle here and there every now and then. This is why I stick with freebies.

Ferric TDS
JB Ferox
JS Magneto

All awesome enough for you to not need to spend your hard earned....maybe.. give them a try. They can be subtle or nasty, maybe just what you need. Certainly enough for me to not feel the need to shop around.
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Addict

Thanks so much for the info guys..... will check them out ....

Old 3rd October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by traumerei1838 View Post
UAD Studer
Waves MPX
Massey Tape Head
Wave Arts Tube Saturator
Crane Song Phoenix
McDSP Analog Channel
Roundtone

Old 4th October 2011
Lives for gear
I usually don't need any additional analog emulation on the 2buss as I generally have enough mojo before it gets there.

But.....

I have to say that Bootsies Ferric TDS plugin is insanely good. It is not a true analog tape emulator as he chose not to include stuff like hiss and stuff. But it does a great job of emulating tape dynamics and saturation. And it's flexible enough to use it for other functions besides just trying to emulate tape. It's actually remarkably good as a 2buss comopressor either on it's own or for subtlety following a traditional compressor, but with saturation and stuff added.

It's free
Old 4th October 2011
Gear Addict

Mcdsp analog channel
Urs Sat.
Old 4th October 2011
Lives for gear

does the fatso compressor on UAD have a tape saturator???? it sure does warm up the sound
Old 4th October 2011
Here for the gear

Nomad Factory - Multi Max
PSP - Vintage Warmer 2
Ferric TDS

I have used all 3. The PSP sounds great when you tweak the knobs a bit. Nomad Multi Max is similar but have 3 band EQ instead of 2. Ferric TDS is great when used right on a 2 buss never tried on individual tracks yet but will try sometime. The Nomad and PSP have a nice built in brick wall limiter.
Old 4th October 2011
Lives for gear

the voxengo tapebus is cool! roundtone is dope and there alot of praise for the bootsy stuff.Ferox is good as well!
Old 4th October 2011
Let it ride clean

But masseys is the bomb if you need one and you can demo it all day and night for as long as you like. But please purchase it if you settle for it.
Old 4th October 2011
Gear Maniac

Waves mpx and tapehead are great.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search