The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Freshest drum kit packages ??? Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 16th January 2014
Gear Head

minty breaks vol 2 is pretty sweet.
Old 16th January 2014
Gear Maniac

Yep. So in essence there could be less than 2-3gb of actual drum breaks forhat price. And if he is the guy I'm thinking of (can't remember the name) this collection used to go for like $70 a few yrs ago. (Or less depending on how long ago you bought in).

if it's like Minty Breaks Vol 1 and 2 50% is no good. Vol 1 was not impressive.
Old 16th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Ray View Post
I'll say what Sirroco can't: if anyone reads this dudes posts, you'll see more tips, free samples, etc... Than damn near ANYone.

He has collaborated with other sample library makers openly, and directly guided folks to reach their own desired sounds... Not to mention the huge amount of material in his commercial packs made for layering that y'all KNOW is going into other folks libraries...

I am, for one, STILL using things from UF4...

SS/UF will always be my first answer when someone wants "fresh" hits... Why? Cuz they sound right in the MIX.

(Rant over)

I'm not BTW trying to sound b!thchy... But everyone on here has a bias- at least some folks own theirs... And even still- when a true master of their craft comes on to offer an opinion, we should enjoy how cool this website is... Because this forum has lost a TON of its heavyweights.

Read the mastering forum, see if anyone is dismissed for "bias"...

Okay, now the rant is over!
Whoa man... I hear you. But I did kind of check my own logic in my post because I did recognize how a kit like the DR Collection can be a huge tool for any drum designer.
Old 16th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosmusic View Post
Yep. So in essence there could be less than 2-3gb of actual drum breaks forhat price. And if he is the guy I'm thinking of (can't remember the name) this collection used to go for like $70 a few yrs ago. (Or less depending on how long ago you bought in).

if it's like Minty Breaks Vol 1 and 2 50% is no good. Vol 1 was not impressive.
To be fair, if this collection was on sale a few years ago for $70....It's almost a given that the size of the stash grew considerably in that span. So, a jump in price is justified.

I know for certain he updates it regularly. He blasts about it on twitter all the time.
Old 16th January 2014
Gear Maniac

It was about 70 gb at the time.
Perhaps I'm thinking of s LL me one else though.
Old 17th January 2014
Gear Maniac

As a matter of fact, now that I think about it, the same goes for the Minty Brown Bag. The 808's were cool but the actual drum kits were completely worthless. Pour out a little liquor to theose who didn;t get the bonus pack...
Old 17th January 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
As a matter of fact, now that I think about it, the same goes for the Minty Brown Bag. The 808's were cool but the actual drum kits were completely worthless. Pour out a little liquor to theose who didn;t get the bonus pack...
lol yeah i kinda felt the same way. Soon as that bonus kit came in though that kit became one of my top picks imo for that price

The !llmind Subs Everything has more power then the bonus sub kicks folder. But all the tones and variety on the sub kick folder is way more varied
Old 17th January 2014
Lives for gear

The Brown Bag subs are ridic.
Old 22nd January 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Theatre View Post
Hey guys, a lot of people have been emailing me about the 'Magic Theatre' drum packs, as mentioned in this thread.

Unfortunately my site was hacked and the eCommerce section stopped working, so the site is no longer up.

I will be launching a new site early next month (Jan 2014) though,
with all new packs.
Here's a sample of whats to come.

https://soundcloud.com/magictheatre/drums-of-2014

Cheers.
Dan
For those that want to check it out, the new website is up!

High end drums Vol. 3 & 4 just released.

Magic Theatre Sounds | Urban hip hop & Electronic drum sounds
Old 22nd January 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:

Awesome! Love your earlier libraries Dan, and it's good to see you back in the game! Can't swing the $$$ yet, but I'll try to check 'em out soon!
Old 22nd January 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aplaudible View Post
lol yeah i kinda felt the same way. Soon as that bonus kit came in though that kit became one of my top picks imo for that price

The !llmind Subs Everything has more power then the bonus sub kicks folder. But all the tones and variety on the sub kick folder is way more varied
Agree with you on All Subs.
Old 19th February 2014
Gear Head

Any new stuff worth checking out?
Old 19th February 2014
Lives for gear

I have all the urbanfire and most of the gold baby. thats pretty much all i need. I am now looking for some acoustic drums. i have a bunch of other sound kits too i just browse different ones until i find what i need.
Old 20th February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
I have all the urbanfire and most of the gold baby. thats pretty much all i need. I am now looking for some acoustic drums. i have a bunch of other sound kits too i just browse different ones until i find what i need.
Old 20th February 2014
I've picked up some new ones lately. Most were the same old ****e as usual but there are some really usable ones on here: Xclusive-Audio - Organic-Drum-Kit . Some of the stereo spreads are a bit over the top but the quality is better than most.
Old 20th February 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
I've picked up some new ones lately. Most were the same old ****e as usual but there are some really usable ones on here: Xclusive-Audio - Organic-Drum-Kit . Some of the stereo spreads are a bit over the top but the quality is better than most.
I keep drums mono, and convert them to mono when necessary. From a mix standpoint, you will probably find this a better / easier approach, given the frequency range drums tend to occupy. Some exceptions I occasionally make are with percussion and hats.. especially if drums are the main focal point of the song.
Old 20th February 2014
Quote:
I keep drums mono, and convert them to mono when necessary. From a mix standpoint, you will probably find this a better / easier approach, given the frequency range drums tend to occupy. Some exceptions I occasionally make are with percussion and hats.. especially if drums are the main focal point of the song.
Ha Ha Not everyone on here is a newbie. Thanks for sharing though.
Old 20th February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:

I'm not seeing volume 3 or 4..... Am I missing something?
Old 23rd February 2014
Gear Nut

The sounds from Anno Domini are very good but there are tons of others.
Old 23rd February 2014
Lives for gear

anything on drum broker. cadiaks kits, illminds, m phazes, frank butcher and for trap type sounds get jahlil beats kits, cardo kits, shanty lo kits etc. frankly if u buy all the kits off of hiphopdrumsamples.com then you are done forever
Old 23rd February 2014
Lives for gear

i searched "wav breaks" on google yesterday and found a DOPE site TheSample.net - Free Hip Hop Samples & Production Resource a bunch of banging drums and breaks for free.
Old 23rd February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roqstar View Post
The sounds from Anno Domini are very good but there are tons of others.
+1

AD's drums KNOCK
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Head

Drum Broker dropped a bunch of new stuff lately. Anyone try it?
Old 21st March 2014
Lives for gear

MSXII's Sammich Kit is really good
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
Hey I just bought the Minty Brown Bag 3 days ago.

Am I missing something?
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullyfinger View Post
I am one of the people behind Minty, thanks for the nice things said. The sub pack wasn't included in the drum broker release. If you need it, email me directly [email protected]

Brown bag was a kit made up of various slices of studio sessions and drums not used in other packs. odds and ends.

More things coming shortly.

jordy.
This is why i love gearslutz.
Thanks!
Old 22nd March 2014
Gear Addict

Anyone got Studio Guru Essentials Vol 1?
Old 22nd March 2014
anyone try young chops kits yet?

they legit?
Old 23rd March 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwonderful View Post
anyone try young chops kits yet?

they legit?
Doesn't sound like they are imo Asked a homie who knows his kits and has lots of em and he said:

Nope I tried to grab one but theres an error at checkout and u cant proceed. Happened to my other friend. I tweeted chop about it and the all he did was favorite the tweet, but never replied or fixed it. I filled out the contact form last week too, but no response. If he don't care it must be a scam.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search