The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Freshest drum kit packages ??? Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 19th December 2013
Gear Head

Illmind Volumes 1,2 & 3
Old 19th December 2013
Lives for gear

Lulz @ first reply. :D

Anyway - are you looking for single shots or breaks... both?
Old 20th December 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red sounds View Post
You can download free demo pack here:URBAN TASTE DRUMS | RED SOUNDS
I know but i don't wanna put my e-mail in and get spammed lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Child View Post
The amount of rare break records i could get in the market for that!
Don't underestimate beat butcha drum kits they're some of the best imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aproblem View Post
think it was this one https://www.gearslutz.com/board/elect...alog-mojo.html

you don't only have to sample vinyl, and samples don't only need to be used in boom bap.
Thanks! Gonna scope and report back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petros View Post
The best kits I've come across personally in the last 2 years or so....I'd have to say are Traumas drums, the new Cardiak kit that was just released recently is extremely very, very good as well, followed by the Blap series by Illmind. Also the last pack from M-phazes, I think its called the Vault Library. Trust me...in the hip hop realm you will not come across any better kits than these at the moment...and I've done endless research, diggin' and shopping for quite sometime now. Ohh!!! also Beat Butcha's stuff is really dope, especially if your into the East Coast, Boom-Bap type sound. Preview them, and decide what works for you.
Salute, Gonna have to agree with ya there. Ski Beatz karate school isn't bad either, same with the minty drums too they're nice as well!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAZJETSON View Post
not a fan of Gold Baby as well but it always gets mentioned
I hate to be a dick but I wasn't a fan either, just not enough punch...like at all...the sp-1200 weren't bad but they weren't good either. That said their crashes and percussion are okay
Old 23rd December 2013
Gear Addict

Hey guys, a lot of people have been emailing me about the 'Magic Theatre' drum packs, as mentioned in this thread.

Unfortunately my site was hacked and the eCommerce section stopped working, so the site is no longer up.

I will be launching a new site early next month (Jan 2014) though,
with all new packs.
Here's a sample of whats to come.

https://soundcloud.com/magictheatre/drums-of-2014

Cheers.
Dan
Old 1st January 2014
Lives for gear

Just wanted to chime in on our newest drum kit package.
The Instant Classic Hip Hop drum kit set price dropped from $40 to $25 for a limited time. I feel it is the absolute best package anywhere for the money.
Link: The Instant Classic drum kit set

Here is a review on the set from BBtech Report.
BBOY TECH REPORT Sounds For Samplers - Instant Classic Drum Kit - BBOY TECH REPORT
Old 1st January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Theatre View Post
Hey guys, a lot of people have been emailing me about the 'Magic Theatre' drum packs, as mentioned in this thread.

Unfortunately my site was hacked and the eCommerce section stopped working, so the site is no longer up.

I will be launching a new site early next month (Jan 2014) though,
with all new packs.
Here's a sample of whats to come.

https://soundcloud.com/magictheatre/drums-of-2014

Cheers.
Dan
Sounds nice, hurry up! :]
Old 7th January 2014
Gear Head

That Minty Drums Brown Bag was pretty nuts. 680 sub kicks with the add on, on top of foley, a ton of synth kicks and other kicks and snares. The whole size of the kit with that add on they put on it was like 1.25 gb. For 14 bucks it was a steal imo
Old 7th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aplaudible View Post
That Minty Drums Brown Bag was pretty nuts. 680 sub kicks with the add on, on top of foley, a ton of synth kicks and other kicks and snares. The whole size of the kit with that add on they put on it was like 1.25 gb. For 14 bucks it was a steal imo
I just copped this and wow....this is a VERY usable kit.
Old 7th January 2014
Lives for gear

I gotta say...after really digging in to the Minty Drums Brown Bag...these dudes are on top of their drum game. I don't want to be a stan but the 808's were worth the $14 alone. Has anybody ever heard the D.R Collection from Minty? It's $150 but it's 80 gb of nothing but breaks...like 80 gb is wayyy excessive. But I'm seriously thinking bout coppin it anyway
Old 7th January 2014
Lives for gear

What's the point of limited edition samples? That's just begging for things to be pirated.
Old 7th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekohler View Post
What's the point of limited edition samples? That's just begging for things to be pirated.
I agree...

thing is, it's not limited edition.. at least from what I can tell because Minty Breaks site still has it up even though The Drum Broker took it down after 100 downloads.
Old 8th January 2014
Lives for gear

Ah ok, didn't see that.
Old 9th January 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I listened to the demo, and I don't hear anything special. However I have never really found a "drum kit package" useful so far. Still chopping breaks at this point. I guess different tastes.

What is special about these one shottaz? Y'all extra hype. Convince me. Size is a minus not a plus in my book. Sifting thru a ton of mediocre sounds is not my thing.
Old 9th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosmusic View Post
I listened to the demo, and I don't hear anything special. However I have never really found a "drum kit package" useful so far. Still chopping breaks at this point. I guess different tastes.

What is special about these one shottaz? Y'all extra hype. Convince me. Size is a minus not a plus in my book. Sifting thru a ton of mediocre sounds is not my thing.
If you heard the demo and are not convinced then what will convince you?

What's special about them? They are good.
Old 9th January 2014
Gear Maniac

I considered the possibility that the demo only represented a handfull of the sounds, and not the broadersprectrum. That being said, it stands to reason that a user with knowledge of this collection could possibly shed some additional light on the benefits / positives / gems / etc within this collection. It is pretty simple actually. I am surprised anyone would have trouble grasping this concept. Howver, if the issue is that you can not articulate why / how the drums rise above the average pack, then that is a different animal.

For reference, some time ago my workload was continuing to increase, due to some other media projects, and whileI had drums... I felt I didnt have time to chop etc for these projects, with timelines and such. So one day I bought almost every drum kit on that broker website. I think one of the only ones I didn't get ws some sort of Dilla based one. Some of those drum packs arenlt even on the site anymore. With all the chatter, from dudes like yourself, I figured I would come up by just buying most of what they had to offer. Not the case. Maybe its my taste, but I don't use any of them. The only ones that I thought were cool were Blap 1 and Dirty 30 but they would make me sound basically exactly like those two dudes. Which wasnt what I was going for... This was before Mindy stuff was offered.

So now I am compelled to ask more questions, when people get extra happy go lucky about some shiny new package o drums. I dropped a decent amount of bread on all those packs, and would gladly sell / trade them if I could. Perhaps they are the dopest drums ever for most other cats, and just not for me.
Old 9th January 2014
Lives for gear

Hey well cool...here is one benefit, if you use these drums, you don't have to worry about sounding like anybody because last I checked there was no Minty Tha Beatmaker.

They are just dope drums...they have been processed well and are just ready to go out the box. It's a good mixture of one hits that fit in.well to any kind of.production. And, the price point is right.

You can buy them if you like....or...if you feel they are too mediocre for you to waste your precious time flipping through, you can also take 5-10 minutes of your life that you will never get back typing about these drums you aren't going to buy. That works too. Trolololool
Old 9th January 2014
Gear Maniac

You had me until that blurb at the end. Spoken like a person who truly has nothing better to do than sift through ish. I already dig for records. Why buy a drum pack if you still have to dig for good sounds? I can do that with vinyl.

I might cop. If I do, hopefully I don't end up feeling like I would have been better off copping some tofu fried rice. If it doesn't live up to your hype, I am going to hold you personally responsible.

Old 9th January 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Dutches View Post
I gotta say...after really digging in to the Minty Drums Brown Bag...these dudes are on top of their drum game. I don't want to be a stan but the 808's were worth the $14 alone. Has anybody ever heard the D.R Collection from Minty? It's $150 but it's 80 gb of nothing but breaks...like 80 gb is wayyy excessive. But I'm seriously thinking bout coppin it anyway
Check out their Minty drums 2 and Minty drums and percussion. Really good too imo

Haha its all good to act like a Stan with that by the way I totally was too. I hit them up on twitter and **** afterward haha Was acting like a giddy kid after I got those sub kicks after lol

Don't really see why people are going the OMG VINYL IS SUPERIOR BLA BLA route for this conversation....you do realize this is a "freshest DRUM KIT PACKAGES" thread right?

it's 2014, I'll always respect people's opinions to directly sample vinyl for drums thats word. In this day and age though drum kits are getting nasty and it doesn't take a genius to find the good ones either via googling etc. So you can spend like 20 bucks on a package that you know will be good [like pure protein vol 1 or 2]. Time is money and searching vinyl for drum hits, ripping it, sampling it etc takes a lot of time and effort for maybe like a few kicks/snares versus getting an entire dope drum kit of snares and kicks etc in 1 minute of googling or dropping 20 bucks on something.

On a side note anyone cop !llmind Subs Everything? How is it?
Old 10th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
I bought the Cardiak Flatline Drumkit, after reading this thread, and happened to grab the Subs Everything with it. There are 40 samples. I heard a bunch that seem like they would work on a track, but I'm a newbie to rap production (long time listener), so I don't have other collections to compare to.

I was gonna cop Pure Protein 2 too, but let's see if I can make a decent beat with what I've got first. I'm interested in sampling/cutting my own someday, but for now I just wanna make music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twentysek View Post
One of the top drum kits that i use is the vengeance kits .. They hit real hard
Which Vengeance kits do you like? I was listening to the samples and it seemed like the Traps one was the best for rap.
Old 10th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Check out their Minty drums 2 and Minty drums and percussion. Really good too imo

Haha its all good to act like a Stan with that by the way I totally was too. I hit them up on twitter and **** afterward haha Was acting like a giddy kid after I got those sub kicks after lol

Don't really see why people are going the OMG VINYL IS SUPERIOR BLA BLA route for this conversation....you do realize this is a "freshest DRUM KIT PACKAGES" thread right?

it's 2014, I'll always respect people's opinions to directly sample vinyl for drums thats word. In this day and age though drum kits are getting nasty and it doesn't take a genius to find the good ones either via googling etc. So you can spend like 20 bucks on a package that you know will be good [like pure protein vol 1 or 2]. Time is money and searching vinyl for drum hits, ripping it, sampling it etc takes a lot of time and effort for maybe like a few kicks/snares versus getting an entire dope drum kit of snares and kicks etc in 1 minute of googling or dropping 20 bucks on something.

Not only that...the drums in J.Thorns kits (aside from the synth ones) were mostly sampled from vinyl!! LOL

I love chopping vinyl myself...but there is something to be said for some of the better kits out there. You can just load them up and GO.

The only down side is...they are all drums these respective producers have used on artists tracks. Like Beat Butcha for example...his kits are from sessions he did for other artists. But it isn't that big of a deal....and really, the only people who care are us..the forum nerds
Old 10th January 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
Not only that...the drums in J.Thorns kits (aside from the synth ones) were mostly sampled from vinyl!! LOL

I love chopping vinyl myself...but there is something to be said for some of the better kits out there. You can just load them up and GO.

The only down side is...they are all drums these respective producers have used on artists tracks. Like Beat Butcha for example...his kits are from sessions he did for other artists. But it isn't that big of a deal....and really, the only people who care are us..the forum nerds
You're right all the drums in minty drums are sampled from vinyl pretty much.

Yup plus you can always make drums sound different once you pitch and layer them with others etc

Wordup though glad someone else is feeling those as much as me
Old 10th January 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
Forgot to also respond to this. Only thing I heard is that a good chunk of them aren't very good. That was only one person though and they could have been full of crap so who knows. 80 gb of breaks for that deal is still pretty legit though.

Pretty sure that dude goes digging all the time lol
Old 10th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Forgot to also respond to this. Only thing I heard is that a good chunk of them aren't very good. That was only one person though and they could have been full of crap so who knows. 80 gb of breaks for that deal is still pretty legit though.

Pretty sure that dude goes digging all the time lol
I'm sure there are plenty of breaks that I won't use...probably tons of them. But it's 40 hours of just breaks. JUST breaks, not the whole arrangement.

That's insane. But yea, even if 20 of those 40 hours are of breaks I wouldn't use or that just downright suck... I'd say it's worth it?
Old 11th January 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
I'm sure there are plenty of breaks that I won't use...probably tons of them. But it's 40 hours of just breaks. JUST breaks, not the whole arrangement.

That's insane. But yea, even if 20 of those 40 hours are of breaks I wouldn't use or that just downright suck... I'd say it's worth it?
You would have to weigh out if you use 1 shot drums more then breaks

Some people only use breaks others use one shots. It's definitely a great deal though by the sounds of it

I just grabbed the !lly Wonka drum series that !llmind did before christmas where he made 14 beats in 14 days and you can buy the beats/drums for it in a bundle for like 30 or 40 bucks or something.

Really nice kicks in there. For "single shot" snares though i wouldnt recommend it cause its got too many "claps" in the snares and I personally hate that.

It has about the same amount of content in total of a slightly bigger Blap Kit.
Old 11th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:

i bought it, ill let you know how it is! (gonna take awhile to download!)
Old 11th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirocco View Post
i bought it, ill let you know how it is! (gonna take awhile to download!)
Not for nothing, you do have a vested interest, lol. Not trying to be offensive (after all, I did buy UF 1 & 2).

Maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way....that could be a major weapon for any designer.
Old 11th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Not for nothing, you do have a vested interest, lol. Not trying to be offensive (after all, I did buy UF 1 & 2).

Maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way....that could be a major weapon for any designer.
It would be normal to think that, but I am just a collector at heart and have been for almost 15 years. (I am only 27, yes) -- it's been that long. I love to support people doing their thing, and for someone to spend their time, heart, and passion to collect stuff like this, and then be able to give it to the masses at such a great price, definitely deserves some sales. Jordan is awesome.
Old 13th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirocco View Post
It would be normal to think that, but I am just a collector at heart and have been for almost 15 years. (I am only 27, yes) -- it's been that long. I love to support people doing their thing, and for someone to spend their time, heart, and passion to collect stuff like this, and then be able to give it to the masses at such a great price, definitely deserves some sales. Jordan is awesome.
I'll say what Sirroco can't: if anyone reads this dudes posts, you'll see more tips, free samples, etc... Than damn near ANYone.

He has collaborated with other sample library makers openly, and directly guided folks to reach their own desired sounds... Not to mention the huge amount of material in his commercial packs made for layering that y'all KNOW is going into other folks libraries...

I am, for one, STILL using things from UF4...

SS/UF will always be my first answer when someone wants "fresh" hits... Why? Cuz they sound right in the MIX.

(Rant over)

I'm not BTW trying to sound b!thchy... But everyone on here has a bias- at least some folks own theirs... And even still- when a true master of their craft comes on to offer an opinion, we should enjoy how cool this website is... Because this forum has lost a TON of its heavyweights.

Read the mastering forum, see if anyone is dismissed for "bias"...

Okay, now the rant is over!
Old 13th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Ray View Post
I'll say what Sirroco can't: if anyone reads this dudes posts, you'll see more tips, free samples, etc... Than damn near ANYone.

He has collaborated with other sample library makers openly, and directly guided folks to reach their own desired sounds... Not to mention the huge amount of material in his commercial packs made for layering that y'all KNOW is going into other folks libraries...

I am, for one, STILL using things from UF4...

SS/UF will always be my first answer when someone wants "fresh" hits... Why? Cuz they sound right in the MIX.

(Rant over)

I'm not BTW trying to sound b!thchy... But everyone on here has a bias- at least some folks own theirs... And even still- when a true master of their craft comes on to offer an opinion, we should enjoy how cool this website is... Because this forum has lost a TON of its heavyweights.

Read the mastering forum, see if anyone is dismissed for "bias"...

Okay, now the rant is over!
You're making me blush! Thanks for the kind words! Although my work schedule has put my away from this forum more than I would like, I still try to keep up with everything going on around here as much as I can. I do appreciate your kind words and loyalty in my works. I have a lot of stuff in the works coming out soon!

On to the next topic, I got the D.R. collection download, it's basically rips of rare break vinyls, these are not 4,8 bar breaks etc. It's a ton of stuff to go through, but so far sounds awesome. Nothing here is cut up for you, some of the wav files are 2gb alone! Lots of obscure near stuff like freestyle percussion sessions and drum instruction vinyls.

I love it though, makes me feel like im virtually 'digging'. Haha.

Cheers.
Old 13th January 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:

they're not just any breaks. he doesnt get breaks in between songs. he actually digs for vinyl that are meant for practice. instructional drum vinyl. he may have drums taken from songs, but most of them arent that. he records the whole vinyl as well so you technically don't have to go out and get it yourself. or you can figure out which ones you want to get the vinyl for. he gives you pictures of the record sleeve/cover and both sides are recorded as wav. if theres 2 records he will record them both. these are well worth it. not just drumbreaks taken from songs. way more than that. i don't have the collection, but i do have one volume from it.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search