The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Freshest drum kit packages ??? Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 10th January 2013
Lives for gear
sounds in hd, sonic fire and goldaby are all trash imo

best kits are the illmind blap kits and the beat butcher kits
Old 11th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Ways View Post
This might be off but I feel like the only guy who never really layers drums

Sometimes snares but never kicks

99 times out of 100 instead of layering a kick ill use the API series eqs or RBass with are excellent IMO

Another trick I like is finding a kick from a record that sounds good to my ears so I don't need a lot of processing
I don't layer a ton of drums either I would rather do parallel processing and when I do layer its for a specific sound itself rather than layering just to layer. Then again most of my drums are coming out of Addictive Drums.
Old 11th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioman View Post
Hey bud, just wondering your talking the 1st and 2nd samples that you first played. thats awesome it means that that whole library should sound great, did u get a chance to check out the rest of the samples. really thinking about getting these.. now Are they more geared towards like an acoustic kit.
Hey bud, just wondering your talking the 1st and 2nd samples that you first played. thats awesome it means that that whole library should sound great, did u get a chance to check out the rest of the samples. really thinking about getting these.. now Are they more geared towards like an acoustic kit.
Old 11th January 2013
Old 5th September 2013
For your boom bap / RAW style, http://www.soundpackflyer.com/shop/meat-lovers-bundle/ -- Beat Butcha's Meat Lovers Bundle's got you covered !

For that full meal, all-round style bundle, check out Cream of the Crop *BUNDLE* | Sound Pack Flyer :: Beatstruggles
Old 7th September 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by f major View Post
i think theres a lot of good drums out there like croup's deadly/filthy drums, illmind's, m phazes, etc but its also about using them in the right context musically. If you don't blend the one shots correctly, or use them in patterns that don't work well, it just sounds like crap regardless.
i hear you if you don't use them right thy won't work at all ..... One of the top drum kits that i use is the vengeance kits .. They hit real hard
Old 8th September 2013
Here for the gear

I live under a rock. Breaks and 808s.
Old 8th September 2013
Lives for gear

i like some of hiphopdrumsamples.com stuff. and goldbaby sp1200 is pretty good.

one thing to note is STOP BUYING drum samples after you have a few packs. you only need a ton of drums if you aren't layering or processing them in any way. plus there's a lot of good ones for free out there.
Old 8th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeg View Post
i tend to agree with sonic fire and sounds in hd. goldbaby i've only messed with tape808, tape909 and sp1200. the tape808 and 909 are trash and horribly overated IMO but i like the sp 1200.
Old 8th September 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:

Yes you right i got Illmind, other ones?
Old 9th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:

Uhh sounds in hd are trash lmao.
Old 15th September 2013
Gear Head

Thanks so much to everyone in this thread contributing...much love

Quote:

Thanks

I sort of felt the same...was looking for that UMF sound and i couldn't find it on goldbaby which was a shame considering all the processing he did. It's clean and **** but it doesn't come hard enough. Too bad because the analog tapes and all that seemed really appealing but didn't ultimately deliver.

Urban fire is nice but i feel like its good for layering only though. The drums are a bit too clean with not enough kick in them if that makes sense. They're still nice kits though I wouldn't not recommend them.

Haven't toyed with sounds of HD much but they don't seem up to par with the blap/beat butcher tho

Your post lead me to beat butcher though and i thank you kindly for that...for 20 bucks a kit they sure do pack a punch
Old 15th September 2013
Here for the gear

Sample from vinyl for boom bap,get some real rare and dope breaks,i got breaks that dont even have to be eq,they dope by itself,that internet kits are all the same..ilmind kit got few good kicks,snares and they repeat 20 times..waste of money,i will sell u a bunch of breaks,chopped drums almost 1gb of that,they are dope and rare(few people got it only)pm in mail gonna give u a few just for test... [email protected]
Old 20th September 2013
Gear Head

anyone **** with these yet. Supposedly pretty dope. I havent yet though unfortunately

Drum Weapons 2.05 VSTi AU (PC/MAC) |
Old 10th December 2013
Gear Head

Anything new someone wants to recommend?
Old 10th December 2013
Lives for gear

some thread here or in the electronic forum a guy posted a bunch of analog kicks and snares, another guy shared a lot of homemade samples tht are good too. sounds in hd aren't bad either, no one shot is really inherently bad just the way u use it is.
Old 10th December 2013
Lives for gear

Beat Butcha's bundle is a steal for $60 IMO...
Old 10th December 2013
Here for the gear
Check Urban Taste Drums from Red Sounds
URBAN TASTE DRUMS | RED SOUNDS
Old 11th December 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by aproblem View Post
some thread here or in the electronic forum a guy posted a bunch of analog kicks and snares, another guy shared a lot of homemade samples tht are good too. sounds in hd aren't bad either, no one shot is really inherently bad just the way u use it is.
Wanna link them? Lots of threads on here and couldn't find them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red sounds View Post
Check Urban Taste Drums from Red Sounds
URBAN TASTE DRUMS | RED SOUNDS
wanna upload a sample so i can try them out?
Old 11th December 2013
Gear Addict

The best kits I've come across personally in the last 2 years or so....I'd have to say are Traumas drums, the new Cardiak kit that was just released recently is extremely very, very good as well, followed by the Blap series by Illmind. Also the last pack from M-phazes, I think its called the Vault Library. Trust me...in the hip hop realm you will not come across any better kits than these at the moment...and I've done endless research, diggin' and shopping for quite sometime now. Ohh!!! also Beat Butcha's stuff is really dope, especially if your into the East Coast, Boom-Bap type sound. Preview them, and decide what works for you.
Old 11th December 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWest View Post
I don't layer a ton of drums either I would rather do parallel processing and when I do layer its for a specific sound itself rather than layering just to layer. Then again most of my drums are coming out of Addictive Drums.
do you by chance or anyone else have this Focus kit that i am looking for? He had a free beat tape called "The Math After: Focstrumentals Vol. 1" that came with a drum kit. i have the focus drum kit from istandard and thats a nice kit. i heard this focstrumental kit was also good. I cant find it anywhere.
Old 12th December 2013
Here for the gear
Quote:
wanna upload a sample so i can try them out?
You can download free demo pack here:URBAN TASTE DRUMS | RED SOUNDS
Old 12th December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Dutches View Post
Beat Butcha's bundle is a steal for $60 IMO...
The amount of rare break records i could get in the market for that!
Old 12th December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcw842 View Post
sample your own drums from vinyl. It is a pain in the ass but well worth it.
Not everyone makes boom bap. smh
Old 12th December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aplaudible View Post
Wanna link them? Lots of threads on here and couldn't find them
think it was this one https://www.gearslutz.com/board/elect...alog-mojo.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stallone View Post
you don't only have to sample vinyl, and samples don't only need to be used in boom bap.
Old 12th December 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
lol if i stopped making boom bap and went trap i would still get vinyl and layer 808's under it if need be.
Old 12th December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylesp View Post
lol if i stopped making boom bap and went trap i would still get vinyl and layer 808's under it if need be.
If you say so...
Old 12th December 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
If you say so...
smh stay in a box then
Old 12th December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Child View Post
The amount of rare break records i could get in the market for that!
If your drums knock...nobody cares where they come from. Just the truth of the matter.

If I am going for a certain aesthetic, then I will go dig and chop breaks...which I do often.

Sometimes I just want to GO...and for boom bap...Butchas drums are great for out the box drums.
Old 12th December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Ray View Post
@ talontsiawd

How funny you say that about the goldbaby stuff... I feel the exact opposite: I don't think they are good unless you layer and process them! Funny huh? Different strokes I guess..

not a fan of Gold Baby as well but it always gets mentioned

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search