The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What would you like to hear in a Sample pack? Plugin Bundles
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Nut

What would you like to hear in a Sample pack?

Hey everyone,

I am currently working on my new sample pack ill:matic vol 2. This sample pack will include construction kits loaded with Drums, Loops, chord progressions, Fxs, and more. I am approaching this from an urban/Pop market production being that it is the market i am currently in. Before I wrap up the sample pack I was just curious, to get some feedback from everyone here on what they would expect from a sample pack now a days.

you can preview ill:matic vol 1. and download it here
ill Factor - Producer -

Thanks.
-ill Factor
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Head

in the sample pack i would like to hear... samples?
Old 15th September 2011
osd
Gear Nut

8 bar loops. And more... ill-ness.

How many loops are in Vol1, and what's the total size? Thnx.
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Head

drums sampled from real records. Big orchestral hits, and good bluesy rhodes piano sounds are hard to find.
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Nut

thanks for the feedback.
These are great ideas to include unfortunately i wont be able to cater to everyone single person out there so i decided to focus on 8 bar construction kits about 11 of them with an addition of some drum hits and fxs. But mostly to help inspire producers/songwriters, and anyone into making music for that matter with some top notch top 40 sounding material.

i will be posting a preview clip of the vol 2 in about a couple of days.

i will put some rhodes in there for ya
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

I personally like live loops that are simple enough to rearrange while still sounding authentic. I prefer them to be pre-chopped in Rex files but I can always chop them myself. Anything works here from piano, guitar, bass, strings, etc.

I also like one hits of live sounds. Horns especially. Things where you can just add some detail or strength to an existing song.

For me, the more live stuff the better. I have more drums than I will ever use and I tend to buy sound patches based on genre or instrument so a bunch of patches wouldn't help me personally.
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcw842 View Post
drums sampled from real records.
yes, this would be amazing! (and it's sad that this would be amazing, because it should be the norm)
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Addict

so what i look for in a sample pack is new sounds, everyone has a million drums that go around but what makes a pack usable to me are the hits, chords, chops, licks, fx, vocal stabs, SOUNDS. Those are really what I look for personally
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search