The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Real Time Pitch Shift Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 14th September 2011
Here for the gear

Real Time Pitch Shift

Hey guys, I'm looking for a program/software that can replicate the real time pitch shift and time stretch features of an MPC exactly like it is done in this video:

Real Time Pitch Shifting & Time Stretching Mpc2500 & Mpc1000 - YouTube

I've have been searching for a long time and cannot seem to find anything that works like this. The ease, accuracy, etc. There has to be a program out there that can replicate this. I'd greatly appreciate anyone who could help me out here. Thanks guys.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Real Time Pitch Shift

I'm on the iPhone, away from the computer. Haven't seen your clip, and don't know which features are within your specific goal.

That said, ableton live is the first thing I would check. It is created around the concept of real time stretching. Revoultionary when it came out, many daws have closed the gap, but I would start there for sure.
Old 15th September 2011
Here for the gear

I have used Ableton a bit but I'm looking for something a bit more effecient like the MPC. Basically you can change the pitch of your sample instantaneously.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Real Time Pitch Shift

I'm missing your point... That's what you can do in ableton... What don't I get about your after?
Old 15th September 2011
Here for the gear

Maybe I'm just not as experienced with Ableton. Is there any chance you could do a tutorial similar to the one I posted? I'd greatly appreciate it.
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Real Time Pitch Shift

No I can't. I've never made a video tutorial, and to be totally honest I haven't watched the video you posted. But on the ableton site there are tons of great videos that show what it does, which sounds exactly like what you're after.

Here's a fast version: want the tempo altered and the pitch to remain unchanged? Change the global tempo. Ensure that the clip is an "warp" mode, which should he it's default upon drag and drop. Likewise make sure it's not on "repitch" as all other algorhythms will work.

Want the pitch to change without altering the tempo? Select the clip and transpose. Again, ensure the warp is on.

Presto. Seriously, it's very easy and it comes with tutorials built into the program that initializes the first time you open the program. Give it a shot! It's a great program. As I've mentioned before, I've used it since live 3. It's not my main daw, but I can't imagine life without it. Just so good at what it does!
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Kontakt will do it:

Reaktor:
NATIVE INSTRUMENTS : Community : Reaktor User Library

There are also free plugins like this one:
AudioUnits

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search