The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Super clean ASR10 worth $450? Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Super clean ASR10 worth $450?

The question is all in the title.

Super clean, no dead pixels on screen, all keys work, scsi drive plus disk. Everything functions...

I played with it today at guitar center. I want those classic effects on my perc samples, voice samples and drums.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Gearslutz.com App
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

is that the one in rt18 in east brunswick?
if so i almost picked it up on tuesday, ended spending the money on something else
looks hella clean though
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Yessur you located near there? How did you know it was rt18. Lmao.

Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Hopefully its there until friday or saturday, i should have got it today double face palm

Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

hehLol, u should've picked it up. Yea, i live about 5 mins from there

I knew it was rt18 cause i also plaued with it and almost bought it last week. Heh
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Haha ok, hopefully no one takes it.

Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Wurdd
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyflo View Post
The question is all in the title.

Super clean, no dead pixels on screen, all keys work, scsi drive plus disk. Everything functions...

I played with it today at guitar center. I want those classic effects on my perc samples, voice samples and drums.

Keyflo have you used the ASR before? I'm still not sure if I don't want to sell mine (I'm from Poland so not to you LOL ). I think I would just grab that new M-Audio Axiom 61 controller or Cakewalk A800-Pro...I just hate how long ASR boots...and keeping this keyboard only for FX? How do you think Bro?
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

I really don't know what these go for now a days. Only 3-4 years ago, that would be worth around $800 or more. To me it seems like a good deal but I bought mine with ones without SCSI cost about $400 or so (not what I paid but mine isn't totally mint).
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-cd View Post
Keyflo have you used the ASR before? I'm still not sure if I don't want to sell mine (I'm from Poland so not to you LOL ). I think I would just grab that new M-Audio Axiom 61 controller or Cakewalk A800-Pro...I just hate how long ASR boots...and keeping this keyboard only for FX? How do you think Bro?
by effects i meant the sound on my drums, and no i never used an ASR but alwasy wanted one, never wanted to pay $800-$1000 for one though, but since I seen this I said hey why not, plus I stumbled upon my grandmas old record collection (TONS OF RECORDS) so why not.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyflo View Post
by effects i meant the sound on my drums, and no i never used an ASR but alwasy wanted one, never wanted to pay $800-$1000 for one though, but since I seen this I said hey why not, plus I stumbled upon my grandmas old record collection (TONS OF RECORDS) so why not.
If you have never used an ASR 10, it's a great machine to own, even if you don't keep it. It helps to have some background in hardware with this machine as it can be confusing at first. But, it's an excellent sampler, both in sound and in function. It has really good effects for the time that are still useful (though I don't hype them up as much as others, a simple $100 Lexicon box does about the same). The only "limitation" is the sequencer. It isn't as bad as people want to make it out to be, it's just not great. Perfectly usable.

Value wise, it's a great deal. ASR 10's are weird and gain/loose value. I doubt you couldn't resell for that price. They just don't have a relatively consistent price. Even if you buy to try out, I bet you could actually make money in the long run.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by talontsiawd View Post
If you have never used an ASR 10, it's a great machine to own, even if you don't keep it. It helps to have some background in hardware with this machine as it can be confusing at first. But, it's an excellent sampler, both in sound and in function. It has really good effects for the time that are still useful (though I don't hype them up as much as others, a simple $100 Lexicon box does about the same). The only "limitation" is the sequencer. It isn't as bad as people want to make it out to be, it's just not great. Perfectly usable.

Value wise, it's a great deal. ASR 10's are weird and gain/loose value. I doubt you couldn't resell for that price. They just don't have a relatively consistent price. Even if you buy to try out, I bet you could actually make money in the long run.
Ok cool bro.
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

If you have the room, that deal is about right. You'll have fun with it and all the things your hoping it will do and be for you will be there
Enjoy!
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

I recently bought one for a little cheaper than that, but I had been looking forever. I got one because I've had several Ensoniq boards and loved them, and needed a keyboard controller anyway. My mindset is that If I'm gonna spend $300 and give up the space for a full sized keyboard it might as well have several functions. I could certainly work without it, and it doesn't add much, but again that space and that $ would be spend anyway, so why not.

Everyone's different though.
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio507 View Post
I recently bought one for a little cheaper than that, but I had been looking forever. I got one because I've had several Ensoniq boards and loved them, and needed a keyboard controller anyway. My mindset is that If I'm gonna spend $300 and give up the space for a full sized keyboard it might as well have several functions. I could certainly work without it, and it doesn't add much, but again that space and that $ would be spend anyway, so why not.

Everyone's different though.
similar situation, my axiom has been buggin out lately certain keys not working, really interrupting the flow of things. PLus I alwasy wanted and ASR or a MPC 4000, but the ASR seems to be more in my range right now and I do have the space for it, I'm going to see if I can talk them down on the price a little, Im going to walk in with cash, no one refuses cash lol.
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Solid deal. Get it
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDEED View Post
Solid deal. Get it
I did haha, thanx everyone for the opinions, I have a disc with the Road Keys 1 sounds awesome, going to put this baby to work soon.
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

Hah dope **** keyflo
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search