The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What you know about FX?
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear
What you know about FX?

Alright two questions:

1. Got a song called monster, I need a pluggin for making myself sound like a beast. Any help?

2. When you have stacks of someones vocals, do you put reverb on only the loudest one, or on all of them, or on all of them but lower amount of reverb for all but main? (I know this is an opinion, I wana know how YOU do it)
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

You can lower the pitch of the vocal and add some distortion for that aggresive sound, you can run it through an amp vst and play with the parameters until you get something evil sounding lol
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear
Ill give it a try, anyone else got more input?
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

What you know about FX?

I put the amount of reverb I want on each by adjusting the send levels. I will on occasion automate the send levels. Normally the main vocal track has less, but it is the one that gets the most automation.
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

X-Orcism Plug-In - Available FREE

I've never tried this PT doesn't run VST.
Try it out if your DAW runs VST, its free.

Solid State Logic | Music
Old 14th September 2011
zzz
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoRillo View Post
Alright two questions:

1. Got a song called monster, I need a pluggin for making myself sound like a beast. Any help?

2. When you have stacks of someones vocals, do you put reverb on only the loudest one, or on all of them, or on all of them but lower amount of reverb for all but main? (I know this is an opinion, I wana know how YOU do it)
maybe you are overlooking...
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoRillo View Post
Alright two questions:

1) - Try and "sound like a beast" during the recording (seriously). Because then when it comes time to process your vox with pitch shifting and maybe some slight distortion, it will sound more authentic.

2) I rarely ever use verb on vocals for hip hop (verses). Short stereo delays if I want to add some space. And they usually go on the stack as well. Maybe not as much as the main though. It depends.
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzz View Post
maybe you are overlooking...
Huh?
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

There was a plugin made by Antares called "Voice Thing!" and it would be PERFECT for what you're trying to do. I think it's discontinued now, but you can find instances online with a search. Good luck!
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Addict
What about forgetting plugin tricks for a moment and train your voice to sound weird? I can imagine that some growl or pig voice techniques could help to find a voice that fit. And +1 to ryst comment. You can really put work in this and create this monster. Write down some things about its character and the backstory of the lyrics it will rap. How does it feel. Hungry for blood? Pure hate on someone? Read about method acting Method acting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
then stand in front of the microphone and FEEL the character of the beast you want to represent.
Close your eyes get serious, relax. BE THAT MONSTER

- time consuming
+ authentic
+ no fx tricks needed on stage
- You may like that character so much that you always wanna be that monster

This guy seem to know what he is talking about

peace

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search