The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Apogee Duet 2 issues
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Nut

Apogee Duet 2 issues

So, my Duet 2 has been working off and on. The first one I had the the purple Apogee symbol stuck on so I sent it back to Sweetwater. Now the new one they gave me is acting up again. Sometimes it works and sometimes the symbol stays on. If I restart the computer that fixes it but I dont wanna keep dealing with this. Its my first interface. I reinstalled the maestro software and my Imac is current. Im running OS 10.6.7. Anyone having this problem?
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Nut

Anyone? I tried searching this and couldnt find anything.
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Nut

called apogee. all set
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelc5228 View Post
called apogee. all set
What did they say? I'm having the same problems with my Apogee Duet 2.
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Nut

They said until they make more updates it can still happen, but while the duet was on and having music playing I unplugged the powercord and plugged it back in. Now after that the music sounded real distorted and then I went into maestro switched the sample rate to 48 Khz then back to 44. He actually said you can unplug either the usb or the power but I did all this while the duet was working also. Not while the Apogee symbol was on the interface. Supposedly this will resolve it for the moment. Kind of sucks to do it but this thing sounds real good.
Old 21st September 2011
Gear Head

I'm have the same problem here accept my has stopped working altogether, restarts and hot swapping won't revive it, does anybody have any idea when the drivers will be updated?

thanks for any info

imac
Old 21st September 2011
Gear Nut

That happened to my first one. I sent it back to Sweetwater for a brand new one
Old 22nd September 2011
Gear Addict

if the apogee logo stays when you plug your duet2 or when you turn your computer on, don't restart your computer, you just have to unplug then plug back the duet.
Old 23rd September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by isma View Post
if the apogee logo stays when you plug your duet2 or when you turn your computer on, don't restart your computer, you just have to unplug then plug back the duet.
Well the duet is already plugged in when this happens. Just unplug the duet, leave the computer on. Unplug either cord out of the back of the duet and then follow the rest of what I wrote.
Old 25th October 2011
Gear Nut

So, my issues with this duet are still happening. Do you guys recommend another interface to get. I know thats not a specific question but maybe in that price range? I would like 8 outs.
Old 25th October 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Logic View Post
You mean 8 ins? and honestly the Duet 2 is the best bang for the buck in its price range. If your looking to record drums then I understand where you might want the 8 Ins, but honestly, if you record vocals over 85% of the time, id keep the Duet 2, and look into a cheap interface with 8 in's to go on the side for the times you need it.
i meant outs lol I record zero vocals. I was sold on this by Sweetwater and the thing is so buggy. im new to the beatmaking. Just talked to apogee again its fixed. Im gonna give this thing one more run.
Old 26th October 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
i meant outs lol I record zero vocals. I was sold on this by Sweetwater and the thing is so buggy. im new to the beatmaking. Just talked to apogee again its fixed. Im gonna give this thing one more run.
You make beats? wunna send me some ?
Old 26th October 2011
Gear Nut

Im recording into pro tools. Plus the interface sounds nice with my monitors.
Old 27th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyDucane View Post
You make beats? wunna send me some ?

i like your attitude
Old 27th October 2011
Lives for gear

There's a thread in the new products older than 2 months section of te forum. It's a huge thread but very effective to talk about user issues with the duet 2
Old 27th October 2011
Gear Nut

When they are good enough to send I will. Im 6 months into beatmaking but Im working on it.
Old 27th October 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRPS View Post
There's a thread in the new products older than 2 months section of te forum. It's a huge thread but very effective to talk about user issues with the duet 2
Thanks. I appreciate it
Old 9th February 2012
LOL still happening......
Old 2nd March 2012
Here for the gear

Just got mine last week and it does the same thing. I just have to keep unplugging it and plugging back in until it finally catches. Sometimes it takes a few tries to get it going which is really annoying. Looking forward to a firmware or some kind of update because other than that stupid issue the Duet 2 is awesome. Its amazing how a stupid little bug that seems like it would be so remedial to fix for such a renowned company can really put a negative mark on a great product. And don't these only work with Apple? Cmon Apogee get it right you only have one system to work on here lol!
Old 6th June 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
So, my Duet 2 has been working off and on. The first one I had the the purple Apogee symbol stuck on so I sent it back to Sweetwater. Now the new one they gave me is acting up again. Sometimes it works and sometimes the symbol stays on. If I restart the computer that fixes it but I dont wanna keep dealing with this. Its my first interface. I reinstalled the maestro software and my Imac is current. Im running OS 10.6.7. Anyone having this problem?
To fix this problem you have to perform an hardware reset: unplug the usb of the Duet, push & hold down the main selector and reconnect the cable, then as the Duet fires up, keep pressed down. You will see the screen flash and come back to the normal channels visualisation!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search