The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Apply pitch shift directly to wav Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Head

Apply pitch shift directly to wav

I was wondering how one would go about apply pitch shift directly to a .wav file in Logic? Like, for example, pitch shifting an 808 bass so when you copy and paste it the pitch shift stays on the file (as opposed to auto tuning it and not being able to copy and paste as easily).

Noob question, I know. Still wanna know though.

Thanks!
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Apply pitch shift directly to wav

Bounce in place.

Right click region, select from menu. It can be done a variety of ways:
I would suggest making sure that your pitch shift is active, but all other fx are bypassed, make sure that the "bypass effects" is NOT checked, but all other such options ARE bypassed (pan, volume...) then drag the new file back on your track. Bypass the pitch shift, and re-activate all previous fx. Presto. The pitch effect is stamped, and you still have all the other parameters floating and automatable.

Once you start learning your bounce in place options you can conserve CPU, and never deal with the janky track freeze function again!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search