The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Just started using this Oxford Limiter Dynamics Plugins
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Head

Just started using this Oxford Limiter

I'm loving it. Gets a clear limited sound without the digital poop that other limiters have been giving me. Anyone use this with other plugs on the master bus?? What other plugins are you using with it if any?
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Addict

I like oxford limiter on tracks that got organic sound (recorded instruments) and that doesnt sound so plastic/digital.. On other stuff I really like massey limiter .. I got demo of massey and really like it how it sounds
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Not on the mix bus. I tend to use it more on vocals. I do use the Oxford Inflator while mastering.
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Head

I gotta try this Massey Limiter, seems to be on everyones list for the master bus..
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Addict

download demo it works for free as long as u will need but it wont have bypass function and recal after u shut down session but for home mastering when u need 2hand in something sounding loud/hot for rappers and etc it is really decent sounding limiter
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

The oxford limiter's good, I much prefer it to my Waves limiters. I really, really like the McDSP ML4000 too, which is fast becoming my go-to.
A lot of people on here like Voxengo Elephant, and Izotope Ozone, I haven't got round to using these yet though.
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Just started using this Oxford Limiter

I like to share the load: ozone into fabfilter pro-L.

I use intellegent ii on the ozone at 4.0-4.4 (transperant or slower). I use this for a db or so, just to get a little more consistency before hitting the fab. Actually, if the ozone is even reducing a full db the whole time I back off, it's really just for catching spikes.

I find slate to be quite powerful, but a little too noticable for my taste. (operator error can't be ruled out...)

I know elephant gets a lot of love, but it seemed a bit involved for me: meaning I'm sure I could learn it and I'm sure others that have use it to great effect... But I'm enjoying the results from the tools I have to stop and get into it.

Lagerfeldt, who is quite knowledgable, is very quick to endorse the flux pure limiter2. I used his methods (no look ahead etc...) and was blown away by how it sounded on my drum bus. Not as wowed by it's two bus performance. The demo expired and I haven't used it since, but I plan on buying it on down the line... Easy to recomend.

Also, not a true limiter, but airwindows 3dclip is beastly!
Old 1st October 2011
I actually use the FabFilter Pro-L today, more than the Flux Limiter. I have a variety of limiters for mastering since each one has pros and cons.
Old 1st October 2011
Lives for gear

I love the Oxford. You can set it to be transparent but also give you that "push" that sounds so good on Hip Hop/R&B/Pop/Dance.

I like the Fabfilter also but I haven't fooled around with it enough to figure out how to get that "push".

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search