The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ASR-10 Zips & Software
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Head

ASR-10 Zips & Software

m a new asr-10 user and so far im loving it. but im a little confused about the zip world. Now i have a ZIP Drive from the old days that still works and with discs and i've formatted them with out a problem. However there is not alot of space and im thinkin about upgrading to the 250 my 1st question is can the 250 read the 100 disks and still save to them?

my 2nd question is i've done some reading about this chickensystem software and i see theres a version for mac. If i buy a USB ZIP drive does this software allow me to put samples on disks from my computer and then format them for the ASR-10? that would make my life alot quicker as i have alot of sample kits i would love to throw on disks for ASR-10 use witout sampling everything all over again.
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear
If you're just getting started with the ASR10 and zips, it is very important that you make a bunch directories in your root directory, say one each for snares, bass, loops, sound efx, whatever, and save your instruments and banks in them rather than your root. Otherwise you will max out the number of files you can have in a directory long before you'll max out the storage capacity of your zip drive.

as for 1) I am not sure, but I think yes

2) Using the chickensys software you can format the zip for ensoniq format with your computer and the usb zip drive (faster than formatting on the asr10). You can make your folders, instruments and banks with the software, save them to the zip, and then load them in the ASR10.
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

I used to do this with my asr x. It save time not having to sample but I preferred the sound of actually sampling into the asr as opposed to having sounds imported. Also, I don't know if I saved the sounds to the zip in the wrong format but truncating those imported wasn't possible.

Sent from my HERO200 using Gearslutz.com App
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

I love my asr10 but zips are so unreliable. As much as i hate to say it id rather use a floppy.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search