The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Whats up with these new flagship workstations? Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 13th September 2011
Here for the gear

Whats up with these new flagship workstations?

First of all I own a ton of workstations & synths..

& I'm extremely disappointed to see that the new Motif XF is pretty much the exact same thing as the Motif XS (New flash memory is cool.. but def not cool enough for me to buy an XF).. No new sounds just new features, same goes for the Korg Kronos comparison to the Korg M3.. Pretty disappointing to see that all they added was some new features that I could honestly care less about.. Like Korg's whole Karma system, I'd like to see more bread & butter sounds.. **** that I can tweak , not the same old slew of patches with new features.. anyone else agree?

I feel like they're putting out reboots like the street fighter series instead of new gear.. lol
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
I feel like they're putting out reboots like the street fighter series instead of new gear.. lol
agreed, but for big companies just like big labels, they put out what sells. There are alot of new "little" companies making gear that do push the border back and bring in new series however.

Quote:
bread & butter sounds
do you have just synth modules?
Old 13th September 2011
Here for the gear

No synth modules, just boards. Planning to grab some table top synths though shortly
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

I think the big companies are having a hard time justifying completely redesigning the big workstations an expecting to make a real profit.
With softsynths and daw's taking up half the space, costing 1/4 a 1/2 as much and providing more power.
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

damn, the street fighter analogy...
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search