The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Problem with 808 kick and mpc 2000xl Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 13th September 2011
Here for the gear

Problem with 808 kick and mpc 2000xl

So, I recorded in some boomin 808 kicks (with long decay) from my computer into my mpc2000xl (via record in L/R).

For some strange reason when I play them back in my mpc in the sample screen it adds this wierd effect to them ruining the sound (kind of sounds like a laser or something running through them). I have tried many different 808 kick samples and it does the same thing with them all. It's wierd though because everything else I record into the mpc sounds clear.

I would like to try loading these .wav files on to my mpc directly from my pc and see if it has the same effect but unfortunately I have no way of using zips on my pc at the moment being. These kicks sound clear when I play them on my PC and just for the hell of it, I lined out the kicks from my mpc into my pc and when I played them back on my pc they still had the wierd effect added to them.

Has anyone else had this strange problem?
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Addict
would be nice if we could hear that effect. This might help finding the problem.

peace
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Not sure, but I bet its the sample rate or bit rate. It sounds like that kind of problem. Make sure your at 44.1k as a sample rate in your daw and in the preferences for your interface.
Old 14th September 2011
Here for the gear

Here's the original sample and the sample after i recorded it in from my mpc (yes i know the record in only plays through the left, I haven't figured how to record in stereo yet )

It's hard to hear the noise added in through my monitors but when i plug in headphones it is easy to distinguish between the two. I also noticed that some of the "boom" factor is missing from the mpc version but that might just be because its in mono.

Edit: I have been experimenting and any noise with strong bass has that weird effect added to it when played through my 2000xl. So the samples I am using are definitely not the problem here.
Attached Files

original.wav (1.01 MB, 137 views)

2000xl.wav (1.03 MB, 119 views)

Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search