The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear
Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CLIP BASED GAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOL.... give me this now! I dont even like PT9.
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

finally they have the wave graph change as the gain changes.
Old 12th September 2011
Gear Addict

oh.. that gain thingy was introduced ages ago in nuendo..and thats what I missed when I was forced to switch to PT
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

yeah they're behind on it.
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

Hope it's pre-insert gain in addition to post insert volume automation. Otherwise it's just a nice misleading graphic.
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramil View Post
oh.. that gain thingy was introduced ages ago in nuendo..and thats what I missed when I was forced to switch to PT
Same here - glad this is coming to Pro Tools heh

Saying that I have got quite use to drawing in volume changes in PT
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramil View Post
GS needs a like button..... I miss this so much from nuendo to samplitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storyville View Post
Hope it's pre-insert gain in addition to post insert volume automation. Otherwise it's just a nice misleading graphic.
I thought the same also. Long as it doesnt touch thy fader ill be a happy camper.

Gotta give props that some one over at AVID is coming into their senses. Though I dislike all these version numbers and please dont overflood us like reaper but im happy to give them a
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear
This is why I call it Slow Tools. They are late to the game with practically every important feature. They really should have had that clip gain feature like 7 years ago. tutt
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear
Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris carter View Post
This is why I call it Slow Tools. They are late to the game with practically every important feature. They really should have had that clip gain feature like 7 years ago. tutt
Keep that negativity out my thread.... Let us indulge in a moment of finally please.
Old 12th September 2011
Gear Head

Finally!!? it is 1992?
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

Further research seems to indicate this is a pre-insert gain control.
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris carter View Post
So true. I don't have 9 yet but as far as I know, you can't even turn of input monitoring on no HD. So you are either hearing double, muting tracks, or have an excessive monitoring work around.

Still, it's like a nice car you have had for awhile and are so used to. You finally buy another car (still used) and realize ABS is good to have or variable valve timing adds power or saves gas. It may not be new to the world but it's new to me and I get excited. This excites me.
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

Sonar had this years ago as well heh
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

I'm so used to working without it that the addition of that feature doesn't affect me one way or the other. Maybe it will, I don't know..
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Head

Slow Tools Pro.

+1
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengingTheKite View Post
Slow Tools Pro.

+1
This is a good one indeed, sorry but can't help myself . At least Ptools users can enjoy these new additionals toys (better late then Never) as they say right?
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
This is a good one indeed, sorry but can't help myself . At least Ptools users can enjoy these new additionals toys (better late then Never) as they say right?
Solar you and I go way back, but you know what. Some **** you just learn to deal with. As much as I can talk wreckless on a forum about protools. I've realized that the **** works. Made me hell of money and made some of yall stupid money and at the end of the day the its doing its job.

So with that said, I mentioned im in a positive mood because through all the years of wining and complaints after some re-structuring they're (Avid) is listening and doing what they are supposed to do.

My 8bit. Love GS, but yall need a fresh breath of AIR!
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Hey you forgot to plug our EP
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWest View Post
Hey you forgot to plug our EP
BOL!!!!!!!!!

Yeah on slowtools !!!!!
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

What about the Midi editing?.....
& blessings.
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Addict

What is clip-based gaining? Does it mean PT wont crash and be the most unstable DAW on the market anymore?
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killah_Trakz View Post
Solar you and I go way back, but you know what. Some **** you just learn to deal with. As much as I can talk wreckless on a forum about protools. I've realized that the **** works. Made me hell of money and made some of yall stupid money and at the end of the day the its doing its job.

So with that said, I mentioned im in a positive mood because through all the years of wining and complaints after some re-structuring they're (Avid) is listening and doing what they are supposed to do.

My 8bit. Love GS, but yall need a fresh breath of AIR!

Hey buddy! Of course I know we all going way back mate, trust me and I hope I haven't offend you on my sentence mate. Just saying whats true but not "bringing down" Ptools. Not for a second and you know same for me, every DAW i've been using have brought me money on the table as well.
As many here including you, we've tried almost all of them and we can only end up with the one or two that really stands out and especially answer our needs workflow right?

So long mate and as I said, very happy for Ptools users and happy to see the evolution. ON my side, me happy camper with Studio One, my Breath of fresh Air.

Cheers
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
What is clip-based gaining? Does it mean PT wont crash and be the most unstable DAW on the market anymore?
Sorry, but I gotta call user error on this one. If your system is properly set up, pro tools is just as solid, if not more so, than any DAW on the market.

But when you start using cracked plugs or don't setup your software and hardware properly, well...
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search