The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
microphone upgrade DAW Software
Old 12th September 2011
Here for the gear

microphone upgrade

i've had my rode nt2a for a few years now, and have had nothing but good things to say about it...

with some money saved up, im thinking about upgrading to a "better" mic. im using this for rap vocals at home and was wondering what yall recommended. i mean the nt2a worked fine, but i figured a more expensive mic will produce better sound right? or is this not necessarily true..im also using an older m-audio FireWire Solo interface which is very inexpensive and basic. should i work on a new mic/pre-amp combo?

this is all really just for practice at home, so i can hear myself on "wax" and get better at rapping. im not necessarily trying to mix and master my pro tools sessions and put it out.

thanks for any advice and info. i appreciate it.
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

I would consider a preamp upgrade first. Even my humble Rode NT1a/GAP 73 pre sounds so much better than I would believe.
Old 13th September 2011
Here for the gear

^yea, im definitely considering a new preamp. how about the microphone though?

i had a p-solo(i think) pre-amp or whatever the name was..it was a real simple looking box my friend recommended. i couldnt really tell much of a difference however as i dont have professionally trained ears. so now im looking for a mic.

thanks

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search