The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tutorial on how to time stretch in Reason without using Recycle
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

Tutorial on how to time stretch in Reason without using Recycle

Old 12th September 2011
Gear Maniac

it seems that when the time stretch function is activated the sample is not in the "pocket"... close but not in the "pocket"... when the time stretch is off and the sample is at 134... take a listen... then... turn the time stretch on... and at 134 (tempo)... the sample is not in the "pocket"... when you change the tempo to 90 or 150 with the time stretch function on... close but not in the "pocket"...

that is where Ableton Live and the warp markers shine!!!!

no e-fight today!!! just an observation!!!

have a nice day!!!
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post
it seems that when the time stretch function is activated the sample is not in the "pocket"... close but not in the "pocket"... when the time stretch is off and the sample is at 134... take a listen... then... turn the time stretch on... and at 134 (tempo)... the sample is not in the "pocket"... when you change the tempo to 90 or 150 with the time stretch function on... close but not in the "pocket"...

that is where Ableton Live and the warp markers shine!!!!

no e-fight today!!! just an observation!!!

have a nice day!!!
I think that it's just because he moved it over. In practice, it works great for me.

Just to add to this, one cool thing about stretching in Record/Reason 6 is that if you have a sample that time based, not beat based, or automation that is time based, you can use stretch really easily. Just bypass any effects, bounce the tracks, then route that track back into the effects and turn them back on. That way you can stretch your file session while preserving the mix and be able to make changes to the mix as if it wasn't stretched.

I know other programs can do that automatically but I find that to actually be a hindrance. If you feel your beat is too slow, but use your ear instead of your computer, you usually get a nicer feel. Then just stretch it when you are done with the beat. Or do the opposite if it's too fast.

I really hate the auto stretch thing in FL and this works way better.

Just showing another tip.
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Maniac

I am glad that the function works better than the video indicated... Basically, the video showed the location of the function on the menu bar...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search