The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How can I improve my recording? Audio Interfaces
Old 10th September 2011
Here for the gear

How can I improve my recording?

Greetings slutz, I have a mbox mini 3, blue bluebird mic, and a macbook pro with pro tools. I have an engineer that mixes my songs and does good work. But how can I improve my recordings so it may make my songs come out even better?
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

You should ask you mix engineer.
He knows what took long time to fix if any.
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

A nice Preamp?
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

^ Better preamp and better converter.
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

How can I improve my recording?

I'm guessing you weakest link is the room you record in. I say that because you listed gear that can get a decent recording (pre amp and convertor is legit advice too), but you didn't mention anything about your room.... Is that a fair guess?
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

Sorry but Mbox has neither a decent pre or conversion. They flat out don't sound good.
Old 12th September 2011
Dude said the newest mbox not m1 m2. The new line is supposed to have better pres & converters. Not saying its true but i think they must have some improvement on the previous units

Sent from my MB860 using Gearslutz.com App
Old 12th September 2011
Here for the gear

Compression

Don't forget to compress on the way in too.
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drethe5th View Post
Dude said the newest mbox not m1 m2. The new line is supposed to have better pres & converters. Not saying its true but i think they must have some improvement on the previous units

Sent from my MB860 using Gearslutz.com App
Part of my guess... I haven't messed with an mbox since the original, but I can tell you the mbox1 was just this side of garbage, though still capable of an accurate recording in a good environment with a decent chain and performance.

Still, I would be skeptical of how much better they can be. Meyer Lemons are the sweetest lemons, still not sweet though... That's my biased gut feeling about the mbox line until proven otherwise.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search