The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Popping Filter Effect?
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Head

Popping Filter Effect?

I recorded a rap artist yesterday with a serious P problem, he POPs the hell out of those Ps regardless of my pop filter.

Is there any plugin or effect I can throw on his vocals to calm the strength of his Ps?
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear
Move the pop filter back and make sure it's not attached to the same stand as the mic (the stand will act as a transducer).
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Addict
Have you already tried differnt microphone positions (not directly in front of the mouth. little bit lower/higher off-axis)

You can feel the blast of air by your hand. Hold your flat hand 10 inches before your mouth while saying some p-words. Move your hand down and to the side. You will find a position where the p-air is much less powerful. That would be a good position to reduce the p-noise.

peace
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Head

no i have never even heard of not rapping directly into the mic. i read that some singer do that for doubles but i didn't know some rappers do it too.

the pop filter on a different stand, that's new, i've never heard of that neither. when you say move it back, you mean further away from the mic right?
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

if retracking isnt possible, volume automation or possibly dynamic eqing can help.
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

It CAN be editted out but it isn't perfect. It CAN be automated out but again isn't perfect. I would try retracking if possible, if not try the first two methods I suggested. If you need someone to do it I am available for a cost.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search