The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Which Fender Rhodes is the best ?
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Nut

Which Fender Rhodes is the best ?

I'm not sure which one to get, but I've always wanted one. I see there's the 73 I, and then they have the 73 II. Which model is the best, I'm on the hunt for one.
Old 9th September 2011
Suitcase FTW.
Old 9th September 2011
Here for the gear

mark ii
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critterv View Post
I'm not sure which one to get, but I've always wanted one. I see there's the 73 I, and then they have the 73 II. Which model is the best, I'm on the hunt for one.
73 Suitcase Mark I
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Not real fun to lug around but they sure do sound good!
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Nut

What is your guys' favorite Rhodes/EP Virtual Instrument?
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

my one
Attached Thumbnails
Which Fender Rhodes is the best ?-hp-201977.jpg  
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

^That's sick, never seent one like that.

I like my MKII, but my favorite was the MK1 Suitcase I used to have access to. They're all kinda good though, you can always run any of the stages through a Twin or VibroChamp or some guitar pedals and get a similar sound to the suitcase.
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio507 View Post
^That's sick, never seent one like that.
my one came with Average White Band 'Cut The Cake' in the cassette player. WIN
Old 11th September 2011
Here for the gear

I have an 88 and a 73 key MK1 Stage Piano, and I love them both - but the 88 has a lot more range and the bass notes are awesome.
Old 11th September 2011
There are two Mark 1 Rhodes here in Australia, on eBay right now. One is $2,000 and tge other is $2,500.
That seems to me to be very high prices.
What would You pay for one??

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Gearslutz.com App
Old 14th November 2011
Here for the gear

Suitcase Mark II

I have a Rhodes Mark II suitcase keyboard for sale if anyone is interested. It is the plastic model and in good condition. It does not have any problems. The cost is $1,000 and includes the amp as well. If you are interested I live in NH for pickup. I can also ship it to you, but you will have to pay for the shipping.
Old 14th November 2011
Lives for gear

I absolutely love Rhodes,but I would never buy a real one.
Too high maintenance.
One of the next best thinsg would be the Nord Electro's
They have GREAT sounding Rhodes, also Clavs and B4 with Lesely speaker emulation.
Old 14th November 2011
Gear Head

I would go for Suitcase 73
Old 14th November 2011
Lives for gear

It's funny because each one is different from the next. I've played marks 1-4, they all have their strong points, & negatives...sort of. But i would definitely say go for the 88 key version if you can & get some legs and a sustain pedal. I own a mark 1 stage 73 key. Have for the last 8 years & it's my baby. But I've been thinking of copping an 88 for the extra bass range.

But my friend has the same exact model Rhodes as me & it feels & sounds very different than mine. I've found this to be the case with these pianos......I think it's because they are so extremely customizable internally.....ie pickup positions, keyboard action, wear of the tines, timbre, etc.... If you can play it before buying that would be best.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search