The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
duet one, mackie onyx blackjack, saffire pro14 ? Audio Interfaces
Old 9th September 2011
Here for the gear

duet one, mackie onyx blackjack, saffire pro14 ?

which is better overall ?
which has a better sound ?
which is more bang for your buck ?
Old 9th September 2011
Here for the gear

brain fart, i meant apogee one, lol
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

I own the mackie satellite (very similar specs to the blackjack). It sounds awesome! (dollar for dollar I mean, not 1073 into prism good)

I read a review comparing them to the duets that went something like this: duet has better convertors. Onyx line has better preamps. Remember, very few people that are going to respond to this will have done fair and thorough shootouts. This is one area that I think reading a few reviews will give you more usable info than GS. GS=Bias normally... myself included!

But if you have a nice mic/pre combo then go w the duet. If not, at less than $200, I would go for the mackie. But DO double check how the drivers fair on your computer as Mackie has had some hiccups in this department.
Old 9th September 2011
Here for the gear

yeah i have read a lot of reviews on different sites and all have pretty positive reviews. the only thing that would turn me down from the "one" is the lack of inputs, and no seperate monitor and headphone jacks. but i heard that it gives a really good sound ! i was originally looking at the mackie blackjack but then my teacher reccomended the "one". ill only be using a mic to record hip hop vocals, but then i came across the saffire pro 14 and everything i have read has been for the most part positive. it also has more inputs and such, so im just trying to see if people have tried any two of these heh
Old 9th September 2011
Here for the gear

Anybody else ?
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

+1 for the Mackie Oynx Blackjack. I loved it at the pricepoint and it sounds pretty clear as far as the preamp goes.
Old 10th September 2011
Here for the gear

Yeah I'm leaning more toward the mackie or the saffire
I'm just wondering which has a better overall sound
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

duet one, mackie onyx blackjack, saffire pro14 ?

Do you have a pre amp? I think that should be a big part of picking which is best for you... If the answer is no, then this should be a no brainer... I've heard many different low to mid grade interfaces... I think you see where I'm going with this...
Old 10th September 2011
Here for the gear

yeah i dont have a preamp, so it looks like the blackjack it is lol
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuh View Post
yeah i dont have a preamp, so it looks like the blackjack it is lol
definitly not the focusrite... think logical, the more inputs for the same or even less money the worse the quality... should be obvious to anybody
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Blackjack has awesome converters. +1 for it!!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search