The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Is it worth it to buy an MPC if I have Maschine already? Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

Any gear I want that I can afford, I try to buy used. To me, it's just like renting something but just paying a deposit instead of rent. If you don't like it, sell, often making money (harder these days though).

Do I think it's worth it, no, but if you do, try it out. At the very least, you will probably learn something.
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Head

That's the truth. **** Dr. Dre drums or so and so's bassline amp!

Bella Music Group
Old 12th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannas View Post
I have no problem with that fact that it's been asked a lot before. I get that, but when I searched through everything similar the same **** happened. There was no real advice. So it wasn't like people had given advice before and now they're tired of it. I appreciate your help. Maybe I should have asked it differently. I also figured since I'd been around for a while and not brand new and always try to be helpful and not act like a 12 year old they're might be less childishness. Guess my expectations were too high. Seems like I'm still on FP.

If it could do everything from the hardware and not have to touch the mouse at all and be disconnected from the computer that would be great.

I'm not going to argue semantics with you. You know what I mean. Quit trolling.
Nobody gave u advice?? You didn't gather anything from the responses on here? To sum it up nobody can tell you wether it's worth it to buy a mpc if you already have maschine. It's a decision and question only you can answer. I guess some people use both. I personally only use maschine and sold my 4000. But that's me. Unfortunately the only way to figure this out your self is to get one and see if it's worth it to add to your set up. That's the answer
Old 12th September 2011
Gear Addict

No, it's not worth it, unless you like wasting money.
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

NnnnnnO!
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldorado_p View Post
Nobody gave u advice?? You didn't gather anything from the responses on here? To sum it up nobody can tell you wether it's worth it to buy a mpc if you already have maschine. It's a decision and question only you can answer. I guess some people use both. I personally only use maschine and sold my 4000. But that's me. Unfortunately the only way to figure this out your self is to get one and see if it's worth it to add to your set up. That's the answer
Best advice I've seen in this whole thread. And Mannas I think I have told u this even about u buying Maschine before you did lol. Nobody knows what you need better than you do. Your my dude and all and thats why i am honestly saying Stop trying so damn hard. Pick a tool use said tool and make music. Stop thinking about the equipment so much and start thinking about how you can use it as the tool it is. Professionals use their tools to do professional work they may like other tools and try them out or even own several of the same thing but they still can get down on whatever because they are pros. Be more pro
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWest View Post
Best advice I've seen in this whole thread. And Mannas I think I have told u this even about u buying Maschine before you did lol. Nobody knows what you need better than you do. Your my dude and all and thats why i am honestly saying Stop trying so damn hard. Pick a tool use said tool and make music. Stop thinking about the equipment so much and start thinking about how you can use it as the tool it is. Professionals use their tools to do professional work they may like other tools and try them out or even own several of the same thing but they still can get down on whatever because they are pros. Be more pro
Based on his desire to "co query" new gear, I wrote him off as a gear fiend. Its like trying to talk to a crackhead while he is tweaking. They don't listen.
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWest View Post
Pick a tool use said tool and make music. Stop thinking about the equipment so much and start thinking about how you can use it as the tool it is. Professionals use their tools to do professional work they may like other tools and try them out or even own several of the same thing but they still can get down on whatever because they are pros. Be more pro
THIS.

Trust me, I know people who have 3-4 workstations and make great music. I know people who have FL and free VST's and make great music. But, on either end, they know why they want it. When you really know your tools, understand them, and really know how to use them, learning a new machine for free isn't so appealing, much less buying one.

I am not against someone buying an mpc. I think it's great. But, you have to want to learn it to where you never have to think about what you are doing. I see a trend of people kind of knowing how to use a machine or software and just chaining that to something else. Learn it through and through. Then you have both an easier decision, and a right to have an opinion.
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

if you have the cash, buy it and try it out. buying used is also a good idea. i have both and love my maschine. MPC3000 is still on the table but gets used less. YMMV. if anything you can sample the sounds which are killer in my opinion

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search