The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
FL Studio for Mac Coming Soon DAW Software
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

FL Studio for Mac Coming Soon

They are looking for beta testers:

FL Studio for Mac Beta-Testers Wanted (Topic) • Image-Line
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

If everyone who had this [email protected]#$ would purchase it, FL studio would be on another level! but this is awesome
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgbravo View Post
If everyone who had this [email protected]#$ would purchase it, FL studio would be on another level! but this is awesome
Imagine where all software would be at, if everyone paid for it!
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Image Line has been looking into that for at least 2 years. I'll believe it when I see it fully functional, with all the image line plugins, no wrapper bs, no bootcamp.
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

even though i dont use FL, i have it and use it sometimes for chopping samples, or drum sounds and for this it is fantastic, it is something id love to have on my laptop. And i would definitely learn it that way!
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realziment View Post
Imagine where all software would be at, if everyone paid for it!
+1 maybe NI's last update wouldve not made my FL studio go insane, had to do a restore and everything! lol
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

About ****ing time
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

The game just got interesting.
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

WHAT!?!??!??!?
Old 9th September 2011
LCP
Gear Nut

why would you want this over logic
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCP View Post
Logic is awesome, but I prefer FL Studio tight drum sequencer for laying down beats quickly.
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
DURP
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Maniac

I may have to try this and see what all the hoopla is about lol
Old 9th September 2011
LCP
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofreak View Post
Logic is awesome, but I prefer FL Studio tight drum sequencer for laying down beats quickly.
how is it better than logics
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

fl studios step sequencer is cool, but all you have to do is get something like idrum and you have the same thing. i gues it depends how you like to sequence. i love logic but fl is cool to.
Old 10th September 2011
Gear Addict

I'm somewhat excited about this. Ultimately, I wish it could run natively. Alas that probably isn't going to happen. So many 3rd party plug-ins to test though...

FL Studio is the one application keeping me from buying a Mac (been a PC guy forever.) Would like to have both systems, and be able to use FL on both.

Logic was a ball of frustration for me.
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

ultrabeat has a step sequencer but its not as nice, plus it does something to the samples, not good or bad, just different.
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

fl on mac? hell if its less then 300$ ill buy it and try it at least just cause I'm a slut
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
how is it better than logics
Workflow...It's laid out more like a drum machine that can sequence as opposed to a DAW with a drum machine plug.

As soon as you open Fl Studio it lets you get straight into beat making and for this purpose I find it tighter and less glitchy than Logic.
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

Wow I was just browsing their site and saw that they have Free Lifetime Updates. I wish more companies would take this approach as I'm realizing it's going to cost me $1k to upgrade about $2k worth of software right now that's only maybe 3 years old. Which is completely fuking insane to me.
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

i'm a Logic user but this does sound intriguing
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio507 View Post
Wow I was just browsing their site and saw that they have Free Lifetime Updates. I wish more companies would take this approach as I'm realizing it's going to cost me $1k to upgrade about $2k worth of software right now that's only maybe 3 years old. Which is completely fuking insane to me.
Yeah man. Any doubts I had about buying the software back in the day were put to ease by this. FL 10 has been great. Been with it since 3 or 4.
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

I'm not sure I would switch to it from logic but I would definitely give it a try
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Addict

I run Reaper in Crossover sometimes for trying windows VST instruments and it's not fun. Huge delays/cpu spikes (maxed out on a new i7) every time you switch a preset!

They're gonna need to do some serious tweaks to make it workable.

Hope they pull it off.
Old 14th September 2011
About time. Last thing stopping me from possibly making the switch for the studio computer.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

I don't think none of you guys will regret at least trying it for specific uses, just because, if your an experienced Logic user than Fl Studio shouldn't be a problem, you might find it a little easier to sequence drums like mentioned above, the only reason I was any good sequencing using Pro Tools & Logic during school was because of Fl Studio and I honestly hated Reason, I never used it again (just saying) but they have stepped up and improved in a lot of aspects, from their interface to the new Vsti and Vsts integrated in the software, obviously more directed towards Electronic music producers but for Hip Hop, R&B, Reggaeton, ECT its amazing, especially with 3rd party software..

If you need to sketch some ideas,lay down a few loops for your own personal sample library, creative mixing with FX plugins like Izotope Stutter, Turnado, Fabfilter...you will find a use for it in my opinion it's worth it!
Old 30th September 2011
Gear Head

5 out of 10 top dj in the world like Deadmau5, afrojack, laidback luke and more... are using FL and I mean they're top in any category:
having the most world wide tours.
selling the most internet tracks.
having the most remixes.
having their tracks ft with the best music stars.
winning the most top awards.
they're songs are top 10 songs played in every club all around the glob.
so make ur music
Old 30th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Toolgreen View Post
5 out of 10 top dj in the world like Deadmau5, afrojack, laidback luke and more... are using FL and I mean they're top in any category:
having the most world wide tours.
selling the most internet tracks.
having the most remixes.
having their tracks ft with the best music stars.
winning the most top awards.
they're songs are top 10 songs played in every club all around the glob.
so make ur music
And how do you know this?
Old 30th September 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWsounds View Post
And how do you know this?
first the artist I've mentioned are in the top 10 in dj mag. and they're listed in the house artist of the year and that awards include those categories I've mentioned. other than that what else do you need
Old 30th September 2011
TRA
Lives for gear

I sent them an e-mail about 7 years ago asking if they had plans to bring FL to Mac. Their response:

"Unfortunately, we have no plans to bring Fruity Loops to the Mac platform. We feel that Windows is the operating system of the future for music production."

Awesome! Anyone want a screenshot?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search