The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
FL Studio for Mac Coming Soon DAW Software
Old 30th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Toolgreen View Post
first the artist I've mentioned are in the top 10 in dj mag. and they're listed in the house artist of the year and that awards include those categories I've mentioned. other than that what else do you need
No... How do you know what program they use to make their music (specifically FL Studio)? I being a very avid fan of electronic music, definitely know who those dj's (in fact i've seen all the ones you mentioned) are and don't doubt that they have won the awards or are in the top 10 but how are you so sure they use FL Studio? I know Laidback Luke for one works a lot with Swedish House Mafia and from lots of studio footage i've seen of them they all use Logic...
Old 30th September 2011
Lives for gear

Good, I get tired of switching to crappy ass PC (bootcamp) to do music. Getting the blue screen already. Buzz sound just blew out my tweeter :-(. PLEASE HURRY!!!!
Old 30th September 2011
Here for the gear

re

A lot of talented kids I have met from the "Hood", that don't have the money to own a Mac have been using FL. Anytime I find someone like this and bring them into the pro studio (Logic fronting PT HD large) its a real hassle to get their stuff transferred and they're lost looking at Logic. At least this could potentially eliminate that and that is a good thing. If I can get these kids trained on Macs it helps everyone out.

I think IL could do really well with this if its not BS. If they really get the platform working for Mac then I would buy it and many other studios would as well, just to have the platform in house for whenever is needed.

It sounds like a smart move. We'll see.
Old 30th September 2011
Gear Addict

They are beta testing FL with a Mac program that runs windows applications if I'm not mistaken. Still better than bootcamp!
Old 1st October 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWsounds View Post
No... How do you know what program they use to make their music (specifically FL Studio)? I being a very avid fan of electronic music, definitely know who those dj's (in fact i've seen all the ones you mentioned) are and don't doubt that they have won the awards or are in the top 10 but how are you so sure they use FL Studio? I know Laidback Luke for one works a lot with Swedish House Mafia and from lots of studio footage i've seen of them they all use Logic...
dude go to fl studio site. and see the power users.
swedish house mafia you mean sebastian ingrosso axwell & steve angello uses logic, not laidback luke, they mix a song once in a year and sebastian does the final work they take lukes multitracks and import the tracks into logic. they're long time friends.
go to youtube an put laidback luke in the studio. he actually has a very small home studio, fl studio producer with a small midi keyboard and uses lots of freewares.
deadmau5 does everything with FL
Old 11th October 2011
Lives for gear

Is there a time table of how long beta testing will be?
Old 11th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio507 View Post
Wow I was just browsing their site and saw that they have Free Lifetime Updates. I wish more companies would take this approach as I'm realizing it's going to cost me $1k to upgrade about $2k worth of software right now that's only maybe 3 years old. Which is completely fuking insane to me.
Cosign, how can you tell people to go software and not use cracks then charge them so much for updates??? That's insane to me too.
Old 12th October 2011
Lives for gear

....It's been a loooonnng looooonggg... long time coming...but i knowww owww owww.. Change gone come...oh yes it will.

Good I have a legitimate reason to tinker with one of those i7 mini macs
Old 12th October 2011
Lives for gear

i talk to dealers... "everybody in music uses a mac"

i talk to the streets... "everybody in music uses fruityloops"
Old 15th November 2011
Lives for gear

I'm assuming this is still in beta testing?
Old 18th January 2012
oci
Here for the gear

There is still no mac version, it's something that we've already been able to do for every pc app with crossover or wine or parallels or fusion for years. So does it mean every single pc software can try to sell their pc versions with adding "for mac"?

You cannot use any au or vst plugins in your mac, you just have to install pc versions of those plugins into the crossover bottle. So everything will work through wine. So it will never work better than the windows version, because it is the windows version that will work through a little windows bottle of wine

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search