The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Keyboard I/O
Old 7th September 2011
Keyboard I/O

Hey guys I have a Roland Keyboard that is connected to an ISA one. Most of the time I use the line inputs on my preamp. But recently I tried running my a few of the guitar patches through the Instrument input and it sounded kind of cool. I was wondering if any of you guys have tried this and if it would cause bigger problems down the line.
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

if it sounds good.. then you good
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Guru

Re-amping guitars is pretty common. Either running the tracked guitars or synth guitars through some preamps, or taking a clean DI signal and actually sending back out through an amp and speaker and recording that.

If you plan to layer these sounds with the original make sure you time align the files after recording them back in.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search