The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Turntable buzz?
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

Turntable buzz?

Hi everyone

So I've got a little Numark TT200 plugged in, just got a new cartridge on it, getting ready to sample some vinyl, but when I put the headphones on, the sound of the record is very very faint and there is a LOUD buzzing, almost like there's a cable not plugged into anything and I'm touching the other end.

It's plugged into the wall and I've got RCA mono to 1/4" cables going from it to the sampling inputs of my e6400 ultra. But I get the buzz also when it's just plugged into my mixer. Can anyone offer some advice?
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Hi.Your turntable needs to be earthed to the mixer(emu).There should be a extra wire which attaches to the mixer.Otherwise youl have to improvise.The obvious connection points can be found and use a thinnish wire to connect.On the emu you can attach it to the case with one case screw.
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Head

Whats up man i had a similar problem awhile back

I had the ground connected and still had the issue

In the end, it turned out the rcas were bad so i got the monster cords and the feedback was gone
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Nut

...you need a phono preamp in between the two which corrects the riaa equalization of records, so that you will get a flat frequency response
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Head

Check your ground wire, clean your cartridge, check your needle.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search