The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
T-Racks Black 76 Dynamics Plugins
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

T-Racks Black 76

Anyone mess with it yet?
Old 5th September 2011
Gear Nut

U already know how I feel about it, gets used on every session now
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.rOk.stA View Post
Anyone mess with it yet?
I just got the LA2A but ill buy the black very soon...

I used it at a friends studio and luv it... Though my favorite 1176 is the MCDSP 6030... But still it's a nice plug....

wonder what the Native Instruments one is like
Old 5th September 2011
Here for the gear

use it on every project just has that nice sound to it
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

I pretty much stopped using the Chris Lord Alge Waves 76 after i got this one. I'm also still a huge fan of the T Racks 670. I got the LA2A, but havent used it enough to be critical. its nice so far.
Old 6th September 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Lewis View Post
I pretty much stopped using the Chris Lord Alge Waves 76 after i got this one. I'm also still a huge fan of the T Racks 670. I got the LA2A, but havent used it enough to be critical. its nice so far.
Same here

Sent from my PG06100 using Gearslutz.com App
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Wow! Can you explain the different between the CLA one and the T Racks one?
Old 6th September 2011
Quote:
Interesting, I love the blue stripe CLA 76. All in all, after running test with my buddy, all these plugins could get you there. I have the liquid mix and I think I will still prefer the CLA, only because I have been using it longer and really enjoy it.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsRael Musiq View Post
U already know how I feel about it, gets used on every session now
Yeah, mayne. You're the one that turned me on to it! I've demo'd it and really like it.

You know I have the MC77 but I usually like trackin' with hardware then mixin' ITB. Why, I don't know. Maybe it's a security issue. Instant recall or whatever.

I definitely mix with it different than tracking with the '77.

I like to throw it on the vox busses with an average of 5db's GR, attack 6, release 7, 12:1 to get them sittin' just right. I'm scared to track at those settings 'cause it doesn't always sit right. Even serial compression with it right after my CL1B scares me.

Ken, I'm glad to hear that you're diggin' it as well as the rest of you.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjboogie View Post
Well, one is Black 76 lets you process M/S which changes the whole game.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Anyone mess with it yet?
For me a great alternative to my fave, the CLA 1176. The CLA is still tops on my list, but when I'm looking for a different color and still want the 76 feel, the T-Racks is a worthy substitute!
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
its prolly splitting hairs, but the IK just sounds solid to me. and i HATE HATE HATE that WAVES adds noise to their plugins when u insert them. if you forget to remove it manually, you have a noisy - i mean "analog" mix in Waves terms. makes no sense to me at all. I actually even like the Bombfactory 76 better than CLA for certain things. Not saying i dont like the CLA, have used it plenty, just preferring the IK now.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
its prolly splitting hairs, but the IK just sounds solid to me. and i HATE HATE HATE that WAVES adds noise to their plugins when u insert them. if you forget to remove it manually, you have a noisy - i mean "analog" mix in Waves terms. makes no sense to me at all. I actually even like the Bombfactory 76 better than CLA for certain things. Not saying i dont like the CLA, have used it plenty, just preferring the IK now.
Damn Ken that's a solid endorsement coming from you. I'm going to have to give this thing a shot. Honestly never expected an IK product being used in a major lab. Guess they we're right, I do learn something new every day.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ha! I still use the BF76 too! Funny...
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
and i HATE HATE HATE that WAVES adds noise to their plugins when u insert them. if you forget to remove it manually, you have a noisy - i mean "analog" mix in Waves terms. makes no sense to me at all.

I hate that too however I think I figured out the conspiracy behind the noise!

What better way to sell their Noise Reduction Plugins!

I've actually had to use them to get rid of noise from all the "analog hiss"!

Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
I hate that too however I think I figured out the conspiracy behind the noise!

What better way to sell their Noise Reduction Plugins!

I've actually had to use them to get rid of noise from all the "analog hiss"!

Classic!!
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Tried it, liked it at first then kind of grew out of it.

I'm back to Stillwell Rocket VST for my 1176 fix, while I wait for my hardware twins to arrive safely back home.

Peace
Illumination
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Head

IK Black 76 gets used every day, love it!
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by illacov View Post

I'm back to Stillwell Rocket VST for my 1176 fix, while I wait for my hardware twins to arrive safely back home.

Peace
Illumination
I wish Stillwell had RTAS plugins. I have fxpansion's wrapper but....
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
I wish Stillwell had RTAS plugins. I have fxpansion's wrapper but....
Stillwells stuff usually works just fine as a wrapped VST plugin.

Are you having trouble with getting it to wrap?

I've handled quite a few PT sessions with Major Tom and Rocket as inserts

Peace
Illumination
Old 6th September 2011
Quote:

Peace
Illumination
+1 for the rocket. Love it on my vox...It just sounds so good lol
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Stillwells stuff usually works just fine as a wrapped VST plugin.

Are you having trouble with getting it to wrap?

I've handled quite a few PT sessions with Major Tom and Rocket as inserts

Peace
Illumination
I guess I just shy away from plugins that need wrapped but I guess that makes me a hypocrite 'cause I'm runnin' Duende on every session..
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
I guess I just shy away from plugins that need wrapped but I guess that makes me a hypocrite 'cause I'm runnin' Duende on every session..
HAHA!

Peace
Illumination
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

I downloaded the demo of the Rocket and A/B'd it with some other 1176 emu's. While it is very fast it doesn't give that hi-mid lift that the 76 is known for to vox when used in the same application. That specific character is what I want when I use a plugin like that (or my MC77).

There's so many variables. Tracking through my mics in my room through my pres through my comps....
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
I downloaded the demo of the Rocket and A/B'd it with some other 1176 emu's. While it is very fast it doesn't give that hi-mid lift that the 76 is known for to vox when used in the same application. That specific character is what I want when I use a plugin like that (or my MC77).

There's so many variables. Tracking through my mics in my room through my pres through my comps....
What also is worth mentioning is that all 1176s are unique, when it comes to the revs and how they sound.

I hear the midrange lift thing with the 1176 descriptive alot but the Rocket compressor is unique in that you can sort of cycle thru the revs via the different switches and knobs on the unit.

The decadence gives you a bit of the lift you're referring too.

The impetus knob also imparts the saturation in the midrange too that you're referring too.

I suppose that Rocket's flaw is its a bit too flexible but it really does the 1176 thing well compared to Black76 in its own right.

I guess maybe my thing is sometimes I don't want the extra midrange lift on certain sources? Or perhaps the amount of saturation or drive in that region? Or if and only if it could be dialed back a bit.

That's what made me gravitate back to the Rocket.

The best part is though, you can own both and only buy one LOL

Peace
Illumination
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Good stuff! I'ma play with it some more and see what happens.
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Good stuff! I'ma play with it some more and see what happens.
Your gonna buy it and use it on every session on Lead Vocals, Kicks, and Percs... thats whats gonna happen LOL

Then your gonna use the LA2A on all your Rhodes tracks and then get up and dance like this guy ------------->
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
Damn Ken that's a solid endorsement coming from you. I'm going to have to give this thing a shot. Honestly never expected an IK product being used in a major lab. Guess they we're right, I do learn something new every day.
i dont love everything they have, but the 76, the 670 and actually their pultec is really great too. I just finished a mix and used the 670 on bass, the 76 on a vocal
Old 27th September 2011
Gear Addict

IK Multimedia's Black 76 is my very favorite 1176 plugin model thus far. I want to like the Native Instruments VC76 that came with my Komplete 8 Ultimate but I can't bring myself to doing so. I also agree with Ken about the "analog noise" on Waves CLA-76 is annoying, I also have have Bomb factory's BF76 but since I barely use Pro Tools these days, I totally forgot what it sounds like, but I do know it never made me smile like the Black76 does when I insert it on my drums.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search