The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
T-Racks Black 76 Dynamics Plugins
Old 6th October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Marriott View Post
IK Multimedia's Black 76 is my very favorite 1176 plugin model thus far. I want to like the Native Instruments VC76 that came with my Komplete 8 Ultimate but I can't bring myself to doing so. I also agree with Ken about the "analog noise" on Waves CLA-76 is annoying, I also have have Bomb factory's BF76 but since I barely use Pro Tools these days, I totally forgot what it sounds like, but I do know it never made me smile like the Black76 does when I insert it on my drums.
This.

In a comp shootout I did for myself IK's Black 76 and White LA performed favorably. Much better than the other T-RackS Singles, much much much better than the new offerings from NI. Real character comps. I'd get them both if IK ever decides to do a special or groupbuy on them...
Old 6th October 2011
Lives for gear

Thanks for the support guys! Glad your liking the new T-Racks Singles! :D
Old 6th October 2011
Lives for gear

the more I'm using Black 76 the more i'm loving it. Just used it on both the Drake and Rick Ross projects. I like the IK LA2A as well, but dont use it much because i've never used the hardware one much either, never really loved it. i still love the IK 670 Fairchild emulation as well. kudos
Old 6th October 2011
Lives for gear

Thanks for the love Ken!
Old 9th October 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Lewis View Post
I pretty much stopped using the Chris Lord Alge Waves 76 after i got this one. I'm also still a huge fan of the T Racks 670. I got the LA2A, but havent used it enough to be critical. its nice so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.rOk.stA View Post
Anyone mess with it yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapeShifter View Post
IK Black 76 gets used every day, love it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Lewis View Post
the more I'm using Black 76 the more i'm loving it. Just used it on both the Drake and Rick Ross projects. I like the IK LA2A as well, but dont use it much because i've never used the hardware one much either, never really loved it. i still love the IK 670 Fairchild emulation as well. kudos
That just sums it for me.....

It has this 3d hifi dolby thing HAHA! Sometimes its so scary..... The waves cl2a does it also but its more like when your watching an hdrip coming from sdtv and the IK's is like ok HDrips to BLUERAY with truemotion (analogy).
Old 9th October 2011
Lives for gear

Don't know about 3D. I have yet to hear a plug-in do that. But I too prefer the IK 1176 over the Waves. But on rap vocals I prefer the McDSP 6030 (Over EZ) over both. That 6030 (Over EZ) is thicker with the same push. The 6030 (Vari-mu) is excellent too (singing, not for rap vocals)
Old 9th October 2011
Lives for gear

No, there's def some plugins that sound 3D. T-racks76, Duende channelstrip and bus comp., some of the UAD offerings, Softube's PE1C, ME1C, TLA-100A, to name a few.
Old 9th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.rOk.stA View Post
No, there's def some plugins that sound 3D. T-racks76, Duende channelstrip and bus comp., some of the UAD offerings, Softube's PE1C, ME1C, TLA-100A, to name a few.
We agree to disagree. I've used all of those except the TLA and I just have not gotten any 3D from a plug-in the way I did from their hardware counterparts. ITB, I manufacture my 3D in other ways but no plug-in has done it for me.
Old 9th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopularDemand View Post
We agree to disagree. I've used all of those except the TLA and I just have not gotten any 3D from a plug-in the way I did from their hardware counterparts. ITB, I manufacture my 3D in other ways but no plug-in has done it for me.
What I mean is not that the plugins make a sound 3D, but preserves the audio and doesn't make it 2D.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search