The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How to autotune/vocode how to? Pitch & Harmony Plugins
Old 5th September 2011
Here for the gear

How to autotune/vocode how to?

Hello from a newbie here! And have used the search function!

I heard this great song by a couple of producers from Europe. could someone tell me how to get the exact same sound on the male saying "bodystocking" about 6 seks into the track?

Sounds really cool.

Thanks
Old 5th September 2011
Gear Nut

Is she singing in English?
Old 5th September 2011
Gear Addict

you dont really want your vocals to sound like that...
Old 6th September 2011
Here for the gear

No I think it's swedish or something...

And yes I excatly want a vocal part to sound like that. :-)
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

That track needs more limiting hehheh
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

It's layered - one is the main vocal heavily autotuned, the other is sent through a vocoder. Sounds like one of the morphoder presets, "robotic" or something like that.
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankzter View Post
Hello from a newbie here! And have used the search function!

I heard this great song by a couple of producers from Europe. could someone tell me how to get the exact same sound on the male saying "bodystocking" about 6 seks into the track?

Sounds really cool.

Thanks
It's produced by The Pitchshifters from Denmark, and it's not a male saying it if I remember correctly - they just pitched her voice up and down, using a little formant editing as well, to get the effect. Keep in mind that even though it's heavily tuned, it IS a vocal, and vocals always depend a lot on performance as well as characteristics of the vocalists voice.

What you should do is try to sing back something similar and apply some octaves etc. using Auto-Tune, and see how close you can get with the voice you have available.

I can actually send one of the guys who did it a message and see what they say, will report back if he answers..
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Logic´s vocal transformer with automated pitch would produce the same effect.
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear
Just talked to Søren who did the vocals for this track, and it's done with Melodyne. They did some different tracks and force-created the harmonies with Melodyne-editing.

Last edited by T. Gundersen; 7th September 2011 at 11:25 AM.. Reason: Edit: he clarified the process, had misunderstood my question..
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Gundersen View Post
Just talked to Søren who did the vocals for this track, and it's done with Melodyne. They did some different tracks and force-created the harmonies with Melodyne-editing.

+1. I used to do the same thing with Waves Tune. You can actually have the singer/vocalist do the part in mono-tone and totally create the melody with Tune or Melodyne. One of my favorite vocal tricks for rappers who INSIST on sounding T-Pain-ish.

EDIT: here's an example of one I did using Waves Tune. Starting at the last verse (3:18) - the rapper didn't sing a single note. He rapped it just like he would've spit any other verse. He didn't like the way it turned out and asked me to do something really freaked out and that was the result. I used to hate this mix, but considering it was a rush job (they needed an edited version quick) I think it turned out pretty good.

http://youtu.be/q_uW3oaSxZo
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Damn, that track hurt my ears. I bet it sounds good on ipod headphones though
Old 18th September 2011
Here for the gear

Thanks for the replies guys
I'll try it out!

And T. Gundersen Thanks for asking the producers

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search