The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
drum pattern and melody help
Old 5th September 2011
Here for the gear

drum pattern and melody help

can any one give me any tips on how to make my melody and bassline come into sync with my drum pattern. i usually make awesome drum patterns in fl studios but can never get the melody or bassline to rhyme with it. i know hip hop melodies are usually in A minor but i still can't come up with anything. and also how can i make my melody and bassline complement each other to i can never get that part down. also how do i make a good melody every time i make one it comes out as trash
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

ohhh so that's why I haven't been getting any placements, I forgot to put my beats in A minor..
Old 5th September 2011
Gear Head

keep the melodies simple for now.
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

post in the newbie section... seriously it's nothing personal but cmon man it's obvious that u know nearly nothing...
Old 5th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by aproblem View Post
ohhh so that's why I haven't been getting any placements, I forgot to put my beats in A minor..

Or maybe it's because your melody and bass line don't rhyme with your drums.
Old 6th September 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Downer View Post
post in the newbie section... seriously it's nothing personal but cmon man it's obvious that u know nearly nothing...
bro chill it was a mistake, so is a mod going to move the thread or do i have to make another one in that section
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Head

if people spent as much time being positive as they were negative this forum and the world would be a better place.
OP.-learn some simple music theory. Quanitize if stuff is just missing the beat.
playing all white keys Cmaj/A min gets boring.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search