The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sequencing 8 tracks with Cubase? Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Sequencing 8 tracks with Cubase?

I know I posted this in 2008 but some how my new ASR10 (Yes I sold mine and got new one) ANy way I have the cubase template file and just some how its not quite working the same. Im told its because Steinberg no longer has progroam change mode? So any way its absoutley no longer working like it was. Below is how I set it up.

I remember in 2008 cubase by clicking the track the ASR10 patch would change to what ever midi channel the track was at. Now its kind of 90% working.

I wonder if Albeton live would be best as its more midi and hardware if I recall.

Re: Sequencing 8 tracks with Cubase?
December 24 2008, 2:26 AM

- Go to Edit + System Midi
- Put Midi Base Channel = 1
- Put Transmit On = INST CHAN (Now you can use one midi chanel for each instrument)
- Put "Midi IN" Mode = Multi

That's all you have to do on ASR10

Then go to Cubase and select the chanel that contain the sample your want to use on the ASR instrument.
(instrument 1 = midi chanel 1, instrument 2 = midi chanel 2, etc.)
To view the affected chanel of an instrument. Select the instrument and click on Edit + Track
Scroll the menu and you will find Multi-IN MIDI CHAN= and the used chanel

create your midi sequence in Cubase.
Now when you press play, your sequence will be play back in the ASR10.(don't forget to plug ASR midi in to PC Midi Out)
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search