The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Is MPC 3000 worth $350 Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 3rd September 2011
Here for the gear

Is MPC 3000 worth $350

Hi am getting an MPC 3000 for $350 is that worth the money? It is in working condition and is without SCSI optical drive. Pl help me

Thanks a Lot
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

YES! HURRY UP AND BUY, HURRY UP AND BUY!

Sent from my HERO200 using Gearslutz.com App
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Nope. I need a doorstop though so send him my way.
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Nut

Yes, yes it is.
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

def a pretty good price, if you dont like it you should be able to resell it for at least twice that price.
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

you don't need it! lol Send it over to me, I'll even buy it for 400 bucks if it's in good condition... lol
Old 3rd September 2011
Here for the gear

Thanks a lot friends I made up my mind and bought it, the backlit is not working though, so have given it for service. Actually $350 is pretty big sum in India. Thanks again !
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

No it's not worth it, let me hold it for you instead lol
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Hi Jithendra (namaste)Well done finding an akai 3000 in India.Thats a good price and actually the fact its in India means it should be more valuable!!!!Due to limited gear available.where are you based over there.i spend a lot of time there and always take some gear with me or leave it stored somewhere(or sell it to local musos).Got stuff in Delhi In a lockup right now.i just sold a mpc5000 to a young rapper who s making moves in the delhi hiphop scene.Sounds like its taking off.Hope to be there in december.Peace...
Old 3rd September 2011
Gax
Lives for gear

damn, 350 $ ?

standard price is minimum 1000 $ on ebay.
Old 3rd September 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goa-Dubs View Post
Hi Jithendra (namaste)Well done finding an akai 3000 in India.Thats a good price and actually the fact its in India means it should be more valuable!!!!Due to limited gear available.where are you based over there.i spend a lot of time there and always take some gear with me or leave it stored somewhere(or sell it to local musos).Got stuff in Delhi In a lockup right now.i just sold a mpc5000 to a young rapper who s making moves in the delhi hiphop scene.Sounds like its taking off.Hope to be there in december.Peace...
Hi thanks ! I am in Chennai (Madras). Yes Hip-Hop is taking off in some parts of India. I generally do music for ads, corporate films, short films and do programming for film musicians. There is an Akai S6000 coming up for sale for $400. I assume that is also a good price. is it? Come to Chennai once
Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithendra View Post
Hi thanks ! I am in Chennai (Madras). Yes Hip-Hop is taking off in some parts of India. I generally do music for ads, corporate films, short films and do programming for film musicians. There is an Akai S6000 coming up for sale for $400. I assume that is also a good price. is it? Come to Chennai once
Sounds like an interesting job.I started sound by chopping up tape ect for theatre sound which is where i get my interest in sampling.Also do some video work.decent price on the s6000.Make sure it comes with the screen lead so you can use the controller while its off the rack.I will visit when im over there next,thanx ! ] I was in Pondicherry febuary.Lovely place.
Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear

No scsi is kind of a burn but it's still a great price...
Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear

they usually sell for 3 to 4 times that
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Absolutely
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

The dimmer is an on / off switch if I remember correctly try pushing down on the dimmer
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

There's an mpc 2000 on ebay right now for $162 ending in 10 min for anyone looking for another great deal on an mpc.

It looks like it was owned by the marlboro man though, lol.

Is MPC 3000 worth 0Akai mpc2000 mpc 2000 sampler drum machine | eBay
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

youv got 5 minutes now....
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

3 minutes. I'm tempted to take it at that price but have a feeling somethings wrong with it or will be with all that smoke on it.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

It sold for $162 +30 shipping. Great deal but damn that thing was ugly, lol. I'm going to wait for a good deal on a 1000 instead anyways so I dont have to deal with finding a floppy drive/disks too.
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

damn I don't even want a mpc but $160 plus shipping is attractive as hell
Old 7th September 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by G. Kaye View Post
It sold for $162 +30 shipping. Great deal but damn that thing was ugly, lol. I'm going to wait for a good deal on a 1000 instead anyways so I dont have to deal with finding a floppy drive/disks too.
They have upgrade kits that you can install a card reader in it instead.
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

^thx, yeah that's one of the reasons, I just rather avoid all the mods needed on the 2000 to modernize it, technology-wise. And the 1000's will likely last longer when buying used. I do like the sound of the 2000 a little more though.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search