The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
AMAZING Drum Kits from Montreal
Old 2nd September 2011
  #1
Gear Addict
 

AMAZING Drum Kits from Montreal

Up until 2 years ago I remember there was this company from *Montreal* that had put out a series of Drum Kit packages for sale online, I specifically remember there were 3 that had received quite a bit of praise on forums and now I can't find any information on them, neither can I find their name anywhere...One of them was an Underground Kit, the other a Old School Drum kit and I can't remember the third one, but I'm telling you they were THE rawest, grimiest, grittiest east coast/golden age kits I've ever heard, and trust me I've heard a lot these drum kits packages out there. If anybody knows what I'm talking about it be greatly appreciated if you could help me out, thank you!
Old 2nd September 2011
  #2
Lives for gear
 
ncoak's Avatar
 

petros'sAWESOMEdrumkits.com
Old 2nd September 2011
  #3
Lives for gear
 
Alxi's Avatar
 

Don't know anything about it but i'm curious to hear them if anybody finds the link
Old 12th September 2011
  #4
Gear Addict
 

ANYONE??? *bump*
Old 12th September 2011
  #5
Here for the gear
 

Hmm the only thing I can think of that's close would be croup's drums but I'm sure that's not it because they're pretty well known. I'm definitely interested as well! Alexis!! What's up my man how are things!
Old 12th September 2011
  #6
Gear Head
 
AvengingTheKite's Avatar
 

I have them =D back when I use to lurk this site I'm a drum kit addict
Old 13th September 2011
  #7
Gear Maniac
 
eldorado_p's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengingTheKite View Post
I have them =D back when I use to lurk this site I'm a drum kit addict
So r u gonna share or what??!
Old 13th September 2011
  #8
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengingTheKite View Post
I have them =D back when I use to lurk this site I'm a drum kit addict
Well...I'm not sure if you're referring to the same ones, because the ones I'm talking about never did and still don't exist for free. They were only available for purchase through their site (and still might be). What's the name of the company you're referring to?
Old 13th September 2011
  #9
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alxi View Post
Don't know anything about it but i'm curious to hear them if anybody finds the link
Alexi noticing that you're from Montreal. Is there any way you could perhaps do a little bit of research/homework, maybe ask around I'm sure someone in your network might know. These guys made some international buzz for a while, being from Montreal many peeps were crediting them. Would appreciate any input bro, thanks!
Old 13th September 2011
  #10
Gear Maniac
 
saintjoe's Avatar
 

They were called Drumlabz

the 3 libraries were crushing drums, old school re-animation, and diggin 27-7

You can sometimes find them on ebay from a few dj shops but they are super hard to get.

AMAZING Drum Kits from Montrealdrumlabz | eBay

I was able to get the package a few years back, ended up selling it.

They were cool though.
Old 14th September 2011
  #11
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjoe View Post
They were called Drumlabz

the 3 libraries were crushing drums, old school re-animation, and diggin 27-7

You can sometimes find them on ebay from a few dj shops but they are super hard to get.

AMAZING Drum Kits from Montrealdrumlabz | eBay

I was able to get the package a few years back, ended up selling it.

They were cool though.

Yeah, that's it, Drumlabz!!! So you didn't find them useful ? I recall a lot of underground heads were praising these sounds, when it came to that grungy, raw, bombapish, golden-era sound. You don't think they're worth buying???
Old 14th September 2011
  #12
Gear Maniac
 
saintjoe's Avatar
 

They were cool, but I have tons and tons of drums. If you want a large collection of those style of drums they are cool, and the collection itself is rare. If you want them I say get it, they don't suck. But having all 3 of the libraries is overkill, they are very similar. If you can get just one of them for a lower price it would be worth it, don't know about the 120 bux for all 3 though, but again, there's definitely a ton of drums and sounds in there.
Old 15th September 2011
  #13
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjoe View Post
They were cool, but I have tons and tons of drums. If you want a large collection of those style of drums they are cool, and the collection itself is rare. If you want them I say get it, they don't suck. But having all 3 of the libraries is overkill, they are very similar. If you can get just one of them for a lower price it would be worth it, don't know about the 120 bux for all 3 though, but again, there's definitely a ton of drums and sounds in there.

Do you find that there are other libraries out there nowadays, that out-beat Drumlabz in that specific category of kits (boom bapish, rugged, grimey, underground) style??? If so, which ones?
Old 15th September 2011
  #14
Hobbs_Won
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petros View Post
Yeah, that's it, Drumlabz!!! So you didn't find them useful ? I recall a lot of underground heads were praising these sounds, when it came to that grungy, raw, bombapish, golden-era sound. You don't think they're worth buying???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petros View Post
but I'm telling you they were THE rawest, grimiest, grittiest east coast/golden age kits I've ever heard, and trust me I've heard a lot these drum kits packages out there.
uhhhhhhh
Old 15th September 2011
  #15
Gear Maniac
 
saintjoe's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petros View Post
Do you find that there are other libraries out there nowadays, that out-beat Drumlabz in that specific category of kits (boom bapish, rugged, grimey, underground) style??? If so, which ones?
There's plenty out there with that style, checkout croup at rawbeatz.com, kay kay's drums are good, she's on youtube, and illmind's blap kit, all got dope drums at a good price. Especially in that style.

not to mention the larger collections from companies like equipped music, they have breakbeat jazz, premiere beats, etc.
Old 17th September 2011
  #16
Gear Nut
 

Peep www.alkotabeats.com/drumsounds got some sample kits posted w/ reviews, etc. M-Phazes Kit and Illmind Blap Kit. Peep the example beats, worth a look if thats the sound you are going for.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump