The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Native Instruments new updates and maschine 1.7 Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 2nd September 2011
Here for the gear

Native Instruments new updates and maschine 1.7

Just heads up guys. Maschine 1.7 has been pushed back to next monday 8/5. Check the updates for massive, reaktor, absynth 5, and fm 8. I believe a kore 2 update is being worked on. My boy mads and the maschine team put in a lot of time. Check out the video on NI's forum for k8 maschine integration. I'm really excited as an NI owner. NI's got really cool people working their-Mads (maschine team-ill producer!), Gabrielle (us tech support), Rembert Gantke, and Stephan Schmitt. Enjoy Komplete fellas.

Just thought I'd post this just in case you didn't know.
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Native Instruments new updates and maschine 1.7

Deja vu?
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Whats in version 1.7?
Old 3rd September 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofreak View Post
Whats in version 1.7?
You will be able to browse the presets of all NI stuff via the hardware controller. For example FM 8, reator spark and prism. I'm not sure about kontakt and battery though. My homie on the ni maschine development team mentioned 1.7 seems pretty solid at this point.
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by groxa View Post
You will be able to browse the presets of all NI stuff via the hardware controller. For example FM 8, reator spark and prism. I'm not sure about kontakt and battery though. My homie on the ni maschine development team mentioned 1.7 seems pretty solid at this point.
I would like to know if it would finally allow multitimbral usage of plugs like Kontakt?
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Nope.
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Fail.
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

The real HUGE FAIL to me is still no multicore support.
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Instead of taking time to perfect maschines shortcomings NI spent their time developing a new product call Mikro maschine! Still no mono export.

Sent from my HERO200 using Gearslutz.com App
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondat View Post
Instead of taking time to perfect maschines shortcomings NI spent their time developing a new product call Mikro maschine! Still no mono export.

Care to elaborate
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by teksama View Post
Care to elaborate
In the new issue of electronic musician there is an add for a new product called MIKRA maschine or something like that. Its basically a smaller version of maschine with a small lcd on the left side and only 8 pads. I thew away the magazine after i read it so I don't remember the name exactly. Its not even on NI website for some reason.
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Its basically a smaller version of maschine with a small lcd on the left side and only 8 pads. I thew away the magazine after i read it
You threw it away in disgust? lol
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goa-Dubs View Post
You threw it away in disgust? lol
No, after I read the whole mag I trashed it , old magazines pile up quick!
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
In the new issue of electronic musician there is an add for a new product called MIKRA maschine or something like that. Its basically a smaller version of maschine with a small lcd on the left side and only 8 pads. I thew away the magazine after i read it so I don't remember the name exactly. Its not even on NI website for some reason.
Hmm, interesting. If there was no major changes to the software I don't imagine making a smaller version of the controller was that time consuming. I think they are going to hold off on **** like multi-timbral, timestretch and the last few major requests until machine 2.0. I dont care as long as they make it attractive and affordable for existing customers to upgrade.
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
The Electronic Musician with Lenny Kravitz on the cover?

Cause I just checked it and I didn't see what you're talking about.

Did you see that ad just before making it with Monica Bellucci? That could be a clue about why I didn't find the ad... heh
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by godphaser View Post
The Electronic Musician with Lenny Kravitz on the cover?

Cause I just checked it and I didn't see what you're talking about.

Did you see that ad just before making it with Monica Bellucci? That could be a clue about why I didn't find the ad... heh
The group Erasure is on the cover or just two dudes from that group. the latest issue

http://www.emusician.com/october2011/
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Ok sorry, my bad, I checked september issue.
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ok sorry, my bad, I checked september issue.
let me know what you find, i know i wasn't trippin'.
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Yeah, I'll def try to have a look at it and of course I'll share with my fellow gearslutz.
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Yeah, I'll def try to have a look at it and of course I'll share with my fellow gearslutz.
I wonder what the price point will be.
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

Maschine mikro is now on the NI website.

Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

I just saw that about the update it says :

Quote:
New and improved features:

Advanced sound browsing and parameter mapping for KOMPLETE 8
Support for Maschine Mikro controller
iMaschine project import
New Controller Editor 1.4.0 included
Various minor improvements and fixes
But you have been quicker.

Edit> Here is Mikro:

Old 5th September 2011
Here for the gear

Has anyone tried the update? Its good, but I cant get reaktor prism/spark presets to show up. Also, I'm not sure if you can browse the battery 3 presets. Im assuming I dont see kontakt 5 because I dont have it yet. Thanks for any help.
Old 5th September 2011
Gear Head

I just did the update it seems fine except I can't get the stock sounds that come with the Maschine to show up in the search window. You know the orange dot and the blue dot....Nothings there??? Usually there's all of the drum kits and patterns...Abbey Road, Native Kits 1, 1.5, etc....

When you click on the little piano icon and the FX icon all of the Absynth/Massive/FM8 sounds show up, but nothing in the other windows?

Any thoughts? I assume this is me being ignorant
Old 5th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Google suggested "micro machines" website when i searched for Mikro's price. heh I see it's $400.
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMeek View Post
Google suggested "micro machines" website when i searched for Mikro's price. heh I see it's $400.
What are you losing by going Mikro compared to standard version? Is there a a/b spec sheet?
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydigi View Post
What are you losing by going Mikro compared to standard version? Is there a a/b spec sheet?
loss of 8 knobs,second screen and a couple buttons.
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by optikstrange View Post
loss of 8 knobs,second screen and a couple buttons.

Ouch, I guess we will see what retailers put this up at street price.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Actually,11 knobs.Might not be the best choice for live use and thats one of the reasons why i wanted this.Id be fine if it had 3 knobs or even just one more knob.I still have my oxygen 8 midi keyboard that has 8 knobs so maybe i can expand my controls with that for my live sets.
Old 6th September 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:

DV247.COM have the Machine Mikro cheap

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search