The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Native Instruments new updates and maschine 1.7 Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 6th September 2011
Here for the gear

Actually no one is selling the Mikro yet because it's not out til next month.

And the 1.7 update is all about selling more Komplete 8. Almost all the new features (VST parameter mapping) apply only to Komplete 8 (not compatible with prior versions OR with products included in Komplete 8 but bought separately).

NI has really upset a lot of Maschine fans with this update. It's pretty clear now that the most common requests of their loyal customer base (time stretch and multi-core support) will most likely come only from a purchased update...2.0 most likely.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

They at least corrected few minor bugs but yeah, 1.7 is a HUGE disapointment.
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Word of Mouth View Post
NI has really upset a lot of Maschine fans with this update.
ZOMG!!! They released a free update as usual with more improvements and bug fixes and tighter integration with all of their own products, not to mention introducing another controller option and a mobile iOS app. I'm so pissed!!!!
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Word of Mouth View Post
And the 1.7 update is all about selling more Komplete 8. Almost all the new features (VST parameter mapping) apply only to Komplete 8 (not compatible with prior versions OR with products included in Komplete 8 but bought separately).
massive, fm8, reaktor, absynth 5, all received the same updates that come in the k8 package, free in service center for previous owners.

these work with maschine 1.7 to browse their presets
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by groxa View Post
Just heads up guys. Maschine 1.7 has been pushed back to next monday 8/5. Check the updates for massive, reaktor, absynth 5, and fm 8. I believe a kore 2 update is being worked on. My boy mads and the maschine team put in a lot of time. Check out the video on NI's forum for k8 maschine integration. I'm really excited as an NI owner. NI's got really cool people working their-Mads (maschine team-ill producer!), Gabrielle (us tech support), Rembert Gantke, and Stephan Schmitt. Enjoy Komplete fellas.

Just thought I'd post this just in case you didn't know.
I don't have any interest in Maschine, but as a screwed Kore user I keep hoping NI will come up with a software-only version of Maschine that could be used as a plug-in just for creating and managing sounds.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjoe View Post
massive, fm8, reaktor, absynth 5, all received the same updates that come in the k8 package, free in service center for previous owners.

these work with maschine 1.7 to browse their presets
Yep...I thought i was going to have to spring for 8 to get the integration, but I Just finished the installing the updates and it's all there...even the additional Absynth,FM8 and and Massive soundpacks. That's a couple of hundred bucks in soundpacks for free.
Having all the Reaktor stuff available in the browser with just a couple of clicks is mind boggling sweet.

It's a pretty awesome bunch of free updates if you ask me.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

they need to start letting us browse and use our samples on our HDDs from the maschine (just explore our hdd tree structure basically), without having to add them to the library
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Crowell View Post
I just did the update it seems fine except I can't get the stock sounds that come with the Maschine to show up in the search window. You know the orange dot and the blue dot....Nothings there??? Usually there's all of the drum kits and patterns...Abbey Road, Native Kits 1, 1.5, etc....

When you click on the little piano icon and the FX icon all of the Absynth/Massive/FM8 sounds show up, but nothing in the other windows?

Any thoughts? I assume this is me being ignorant
Just rescan your database. Did you start it in stand alone first?
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Maniac

There's actually a fair amount of improvements in Maschine 1.7 aside from Komplete 8 browsing integration, an even more compact controller, and a mobile iOS app. A few highlights:

"First and foremost we put effort into stabilizing the maschine clock. Any user running maschine in slave mode will now notice that the clock does not Jitter and jump as before. Effectively it means maschine will sync better and more stabile than it ever has. On tempo changes from i.e a traktor maschine will adjust the tempo on a slope and not jump directly from one recognized timestamp to another.

Page pinning concept. Before you would have to press scene and button one to make it sticky. Now a "pinned" state will be remembered so you dont have to "sticky" or "pin" a page everytime you want it to remain on display. This is an ergonomic advantage since you can stick/pin pages using the following buttons Scene, Pattern, Pad mode, Navigate, Solo and mute.

MKIII database. We have a new databse on board which has a faster read, parse and index time. It can also contain more items than before. The maschine MKII database will remain in the same folder if a user shoudl decide to downgrade to 1.6.2 - then you will still have an intact database.

Dialogues. A cosmetic improvement, nonetheless a topic that caused great confusion. Our dialogues are now more specific and will tell you why you are experiencing loading errors.

Custom defaults are now freely configurable and you have project names and generally a better handling of the templates. These settings are found in preferences.

Documentation was reworked for the 1.7.1 release

Plugin manager, it is now possible to remove default configurations for plugins."

The minor improvements list - NI User Forums
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirocco View Post
they need to start letting us browse and use our samples on our HDDs from the maschine (just explore our hdd tree structure basically), without having to add them to the library
I do that all the time. It's what the LIB/DISK switch in the browser (software) is for, or am I missing something?
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubemaster View Post
I do that all the time. It's what the LIB/DISK switch in the browser (software) is for, or am I missing something?

He's saying to be able do it from the controller.... using the controller screens I believe... Which I would love to be able to do as well.
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorblade View Post
Just rescan your database. Did you start it in stand alone first?
I did the rescan a few times and it still hasn't changed anything. I've also tried it in standalone mode, but I didn't do that first.

Any other ideas? Maybe I should re-install and then do scan in standalone first....

I love the update though!! All of the free sample packs is plenty to keep me happy! You can't complain about that!.....well, some people will still act cry about it.
Old 8th September 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Yep...I thought i was going to have to spring for 8 to get the integration, but I Just finished the installing the updates and it's all there...even the additional Absynth,FM8 and and Massive soundpacks. That's a couple of hundred bucks in soundpacks for free.
Having all the Reaktor stuff available in the browser with just a couple of clicks is mind boggling sweet.

It's a pretty awesome bunch of free updates if you ask me.
hi.one question.i have download 1.7 and i cant browse my komplete7 stuff and i cant find the updates in the ni servise center.i have an original maschine version but a non ilegal komplete7 version.i know that i have to update to browse my presets from mashine but i think that i cant update with non ilegal version of komplete7 .is this correct?how did you update?thanks a lot
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Nut

I didn't see any free sample packs with 1.7, I think you are mistaken.

STRATEGY
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRATEGY View Post
I didn't see any free sample packs with 1.7, I think you are mistaken.

STRATEGY
they are soundpacks for the synths, not samples for Maschine

Quote:
even the additional Absynth,FM8 and and Massive soundpacks. That's a couple of hundred bucks in soundpacks for free.
Old 8th September 2011
Here for the gear

hi.can i upgrade my synths from an ilegal copy of komplete7?i ask because i have to update the synths of komplete7 to browse the presets from maschine 1.7.thanks
Old 8th September 2011
zzz
Gear Addict

do you just ****ing too serious about killing someone ?
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjoe View Post
they are soundpacks for the synths, not samples for Maschine
What do you mean?

Quote:
hi.can i upgrade my synths from an ilegal copy of komplete7?i ask because i have to update the synths of komplete7 to browse the presets from maschine 1.7.thanks
Do you think you can divide by zero?
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by godphaser View Post
What do you mean?
they added some of the kore soundpacks to fm8 (transient attacks), massive (expansion 1 and 2, massive threat, urban arsenal 1 and 2), and absynth (twilights and spectral expansions)
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Oh ok, thanks, I thought you mean new synth sounds for Maschine.
Old 8th September 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by godphaser View Post
What do you mean?

Do you think you can divide by zero?
what do you mean divide by zero?
?
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

Old 14th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofreak View Post

The 1.7 update is not just about Komplete integration. It also has several new features as well as bug fixes.
Old 22nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozricman View Post
Ballsy
Old 24th September 2011
Gear Maniac

If you ain't got a Maschine, you just ain't workin, I don't know what you're doin... like GET ONE, instantly.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search