The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Libraries of songs to sample.
Old 1st September 2011
Gear Maniac

Hi guys. yesterday a guy showed me his libraries of SONGS to sample. they where numbered in such as 000 - 001 - 002 , all with very good intros or outros or more to sample. someone knows where i can take-buy-steal this stuff?

thanks guys
Old 1st September 2011
Lives for gear

I give you a tip: steal beats, it's even easier.

And also, don't leave without your facepalm award of the month.
Old 1st September 2011
Gear Maniac

stay cool man.
u receive the prize "artist of the month".
Old 1st September 2011
Here for the gear

"Take, buy, steal"

SMH
Old 1st September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamZ View Post
Hi guys. yesterday a guy showed me his libraries of SONGS to sample. they where numbered in such as 000 - 001 - 002 , all with very good intros or outros or more to sample. someone knows where i can take-buy-steal this stuff?

thanks guys
How did your friend create his library? Do what he did.

Put your work in. Pay your dues.
Old 1st September 2011
Lives for gear

Go to record store, buy music to sample. Find samples, create library. Should take you a good 5-10 years to have a decent library. Good luck.
Old 2nd September 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by godphaser View Post
I give you a tip: steal beats, it's even easier.

And also, don't leave without your facepalm award of the month.
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

I'll sell you some! It's pretty easy to label good songs "000, 001, 002" though!

On the real, I just don't think we have enough specifics to help you based on your very general post...

Maybe the friend that showed you those songs would be a better resource.
Old 2nd September 2011
Hobbs_Won
hahahah I know EXACTLY what library he is talking about.....

I have those songs...All 2,782 of them to be exact....
Old 2nd September 2011
Gear Nut

Isn't most of the fun of sampling about trying to find something that nobody has used before?
Old 2nd September 2011
Hobbs_Won
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit_Crab View Post
Isn't most of the fun of sampling about trying to find something that nobody has used before?
Sure, isn't another part of it sampling somebody DID use before and making it fresher?
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbs_Won View Post
Sure, isn't another part of it sampling somebody DID use before and making it fresher?
Or just looping up an entire song, putting 4 to the floor on it and calling it house! That's what we do here in Europe!
Old 2nd September 2011
Hobbs_Won
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Gundersen View Post
Or just looping up an entire song, putting 4 to the floor on it and calling it house! That's what we do here in Europe!
Well in the US HIP HOP "sampling" is "dead"

Now, they just lift a complete dub track and rap over that lol *hint hint*
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamZ View Post

thanks guys

Old 2nd September 2011
Here for the gear

its an art homie
Old 2nd September 2011
Gear Maniac

Hey guys. In all the beats i did (maybe 200?) i think i've use at max 20 samples (all virtual, real intruments based ) but however i have my small lib of tracks to sample (or already sampled). So is not that im looking for THE ez way to make music. Just have more material to choose when u start working.

Then i dont think that all the ppl writing like "that's ****, find your samples" has never BYTE a sample to something very famous and already sampled maybe. So music is simply the sound u **** in the end. And i take everything i like. Your purist philosphy is something that i dont like. "I SAMPLE FROM OLD VINYLS ON MY AKAI MPC 60 ONLY" for me is for grannies. i sample with what i want from what i like and i make it sound how i prefere. Then i ppl like, i made a good job, but i have to work on more. If they dont like i have to work more only. That matters to me.

i dont have to follow a religion about this. I play.

tnx

DmZ
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

A bit OT topic but when it comes to sampling I found that some editors have pretty cool sample CD's that usually cover one specific genre (soul/funk/classical/whatever)... some are pretty bad but some are pretty nice...And you can sample without being worried with copyrights.
Old 2nd September 2011
RTR
Lives for gear

Go get

1. Super breaks=lots of good music to sample from
2. Right on!= lots of old music to sample!
3. VA-Ultimate brakes and beats
4. Blue note records=Volumes of great old songs to sample from

Beware, almost anything you find on these "Packs" Will have already been used! Best to find records that have not been used yet but, that takes a lot of time! I love sitting back checking out a album even if I dont find anything on it to sample!
Old 2nd September 2011
Gear Maniac

thanks dude

i know them but never used. I remember that are a bit "oldy" for my tastes.

thanks again
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

There's a "Flip This" section on futureproducers.com. You could go there.
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

yeh that flip this section is okay actually, really good when you'r in a rut and been through 500 records and not feeling anything, or you cba having to put loads of records away once you've finished.

depends how you use it, it can be good practice go through 20 samples of there in quick mode and make as many beats as you can
Old 2nd September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Marrvel View Post
There's a "Flip This" section on futureproducers.com. You could go there.
Nice. There is also a weekly "Sunday Contest", with a given sample. Very very nice.
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

You should first try to understand why people say "diggin is an art".

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search